fireworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fireworks

So... I made it until 9:00 PM last night before the police were called. We were shooting a few dozen very large, but legal, artillery shells. A lady (term used loosely) comes around the corner walking up the street. Every other word was an f-bomb. She is yelling and making an as of herself. She tells me I better knock it off or she was going to kick my ass. I laughed at her, turned to my sons and said, "Light 'em up, boys!" This absolutely set her off. She said she was going to get her "old man" to come back and take care of me. I said, if you have a problem, call the police. She said she doesn't fix things by calling the police, at which I replied, "You might not call the police for help, but I do." Little did she know, a neighbor already called them. Cops stopped by, saw everything I had was legal, and told me to have fun. They went over to get her side, they found, pot, coke and meth. She and her old man went to the pokey.

Moral to the story. Ralston, Nebraska, loves their fireworks. It is what Ralston is known for. The police in Ralston love their fireworks. If you don't like fireworks, don't move here and for God's sake, don't visit around the Fourth.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

LMAO. Think I'm gonna go grab a few intro goodies for the boy!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

That is flipping AWESOME.

It's quite possible I'll move to Ralston just because of that story.

Comment

Or version in Key West is if you don't like chickens and iguanas don't move here. But back to fireworks, I saw on the internet the other day of Wichita being something like the 4th worst city in the nation to go watch them.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          That is flipping AWESOME.

It's quite possible I'll move to Ralston just because of that story.
          Sounds like you might be able to pick up a confiscated meth house for cheap real soon.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Did they deport her back to Missouri?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Did they deport her back to Missouri?
              This is a totally true story. I live on a very quiet street and neighborhood, but right around the corner is the one and only Missouriesque meth house within miles. The cops know about it, the neighbors know about it, everybody knows about it. The comforting factor is the cops are always watching, the neighbors are always watching, so it's pretty safe all things considered. I guess the ***** just forgot that she is way outnumbered. The story spread like wildfire and everyone was laughing at them when they came home today after bonding out. They packed a bunch of stuff and took off. They'll be back when it cools off.

The sad thing is they have kids from several dads, and at different times, all of them have been taken by CPS. This is the grandma's house. The grandfather wouldn't put up with it and disowned them. He died about five years ago and grandma welcomed them back.

The house is complete with a little meth lab trailer in the front. Been raided several times. Several of the grandkids "old mans" are currently in prison. It's always the live in boyfriend that eats the drug charge, and they won't seize the property from grandma. It's getting closer.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Don't forget the non-emergency number in Wichita for the complaints. I was witness to the wreck that caused that number to be put in. The most horrible 15 minutes trying to get into 911.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                  Don't forget the non-emergency number in Wichita for the complaints. I was witness to the wreck that caused that number to be put in. The most horrible 15 minutes trying to get into 911.
                  Better yet, just don't complain. It'll be over in less than a week, let 'em have their fun and complain the first time you hear a pop on July fifth.

Comment

Here's a better look at my stash. The kids are having fun. Most of this will be done on the Fourth. We are putting together a party of about 100 people. We have a designated fireworks area for the kids to blow off the little stuff and a bunch of big stuff for the night. Other highlights include smoked brisket, cotton candy machine, snow cone machine, a keg of Blue Moon, a margarita machine, fully stocked bar and more!

20150629_234333.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      Here's a better look at my stash. The kids are having fun. Most of this will be done on the Fourth. We are putting together a party of about 100 people. We have a designated fireworks area for the kids to blow off the little stuff and a bunch of big stuff for the night. Other highlights include smoked brisket, cotton candy machine, snow cone machine, a keg of Blue Moon, a margarita machine, fully stocked bar and more!

How long of a drive is it to Omaha from Wichita?
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        How long of a drive is it to Omaha from Wichita?
                        depends how fast you drive

Comment

For that kind of party, fast on the way there, slow on the way back.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

They were probably worried a stray spark would light their meth house to the moon.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

20150629_152618.jpg

My two briskets. Two more on their way.

Comment

Working...
                              X