Decrim Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    You obviously smoke pot every day or have moved to something even more damaging like glue. Proven science that it cures anything? If I wanted to compile a list of stupid comments based on drug induced hopes, this would be a fantastic place to start.

Look, I'm not saying @PlayAngry isn't making a fair argument but if anything history should have taught you this is only going to make things worse. Also, don't compare this to prohibition. That was taking away something that was legal. This will only cause problems, whatever tax revenue it creates will disappear in the vast government takeover and our children and lower classes will suffer. Nobody is going to become brilliant overnight and we aren't going to have an influx of artists, musicians, poets and potato chip makers. All we'll get is more social dependents. Some of you need to grow a backbone.
    Marijuana used to not be illegal, Doc. Just saying.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
      You obviously haven't kept up with society. We learned with alcohol that prohibition doesn't work. Yet we have many children who don't have access to the medicine they need to keep them live, CBD oil. Yet almost everyone wants to impose their opinions/politics on others rather than look at the proven science that it cures epilepsy, glaucoma, cancerous cells, etc.
      Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      There are now several strains of marijuana that have been developed that are very high in CBD (the stuff that makes pot particular useful for medical purposes) but with nearly zero THC (the stuff that makes you "high").

Are you arguing that these special "medical" strains which don't have a negative effect on society should be legalized, while the "stoner" strains should remain illegal?
      Dofo is a "stoner"; and now we know the rest of the story.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

... we aren't going to have an influx of ... potato chip makers.
        Hilarious!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

You obviously smoke pot every day or have moved to something even more damaging like glue. Proven science that it cures anything? If I wanted to compile a list of stupid comments based on drug induced hopes, this would be a fantastic place to start.

Look, I'm not saying @PlayAngry isn't making a fair argument but if anything history should have taught you this is only going to make things worse. Also, don't compare this to prohibition. That was taking away something that was legal. This will only cause problems, whatever tax revenue it creates will disappear in the vast government takeover and our children and lower classes will suffer. Nobody is going to become brilliant overnight and we aren't going to have an influx of artists, musicians, poets and potato chip makers. All we'll get is more social dependents. Some of you need to grow a backbone.
          Very strong arguments can be made that keeping the status quo on marijuana has the exact same effects you are predicting here.

This board is about 0 for the decade on doomsday predictions. Great at Final Fours :), but worse than Dave Kingman when it comes to the sky falling.

And it's not infrequently predicted in this sub-forum.

Comment

• As long as you keep the government involved it will stay expensive, with availability and quality low.

There's a bi-partisan, win-win solution for you.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Idk, whether it is pot, other illegal drugs, alcohol, glue, paint or whatever your choice - what is your pain that is causing you to want to kill your brain cells? I don't get it. And like '72 only have seen it cause pain (mainly for other family members).
              I still come back to SN, and I'm sure reading some of the things on here have killed brain-cells.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                I still come back to SN, and I'm sure reading some of the things on here have killed brain-cells.
                that is true (but SN not addicting right?)

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  I need more coloring books.
                  Graduate like I have to a big chief tablet and crayons. You're not expected to stay within the lines that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    Graduate like I have to a big chief tablet and crayons. You're not expected to stay within the lines that way.
                    Im offended by that remark and demand this post be removed and @SHOXMVC: lose his status on Shockernet as punishment for his insensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      I sincerely apologize for my participation in the death of your brain cells. Stay tuned, I have only just begun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        Im offended by that remark and demand this post be removed and @SHOXMVC: lose his status on Shockernet as punishment for his insensitivity.
                        He'll, I offend me all the time. Damn it, you're right...this has to end. Punish me be damned. Me and KCSHOX will hang out together...smoke a little doobie and snack on some nacho cheese Doritos (hey, KC... pass the clip and stop smiling at me for no reason).

Comment

He'll, I offend me all the time. Damn it, you're right...this has to end. Punish me be damned. Me and KCSHOX will hang out together...smoke a little doobie and snack on some nacho cheese Doritos (hey, KC... pass the clip and stop smiling at me for no reason).
                          That smile would worry me!! Scare me even! Im moving to an Islamic State where I can feel safe.

Comment

isn't "big chief tablet" racist?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              isn't "big chief tablet" racist?
                              It's the celebration of the achievements of a proud and glorious paper.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X