NASA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
    Brilliant! By far your best contribution to this thread.
    If we are being honest with each other, it's really my only contribution to this thread. :)
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Solar Dynamics Observatory Captures Images of Lunar Transit

On July 26, 2014, from 10:57 a.m. to 11:42 a.m. EDT, the moon crossed between NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) and the sun, a phenomenon called a lunar transit.

Comment

Parachute failure.

I thought that caused pregnancy.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Spectacular!
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

If all of you haven't already done so, click on the link, click on the pic, then enlarge the pic.

Comment

Ummm. Does anybody else see the ghost popping out of the hot spot just left of center?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Ummm. Does anybody else see the ghost popping out of the hot spot just left of center?
                No, but when I tried following @ShockTalk:'s instructions, my computer locked up tighter than a boar's thingamajiggy!
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just to be sure that everyone interested is aware, if you sign up below on the NASA website, they will automatically forward you just about everything that is happening in space. Seems like I get something just about weekly (new planets discovered, something that is happening in a galaxy 250 million light years away that is blowing their minds and sending everyone back to the drawing boards, etc):

NASA news releases and other information are available automatically by sending an e-mail message with the subject line subscribe to hqnews-request@newsletters.nasa.gov.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    I see the ghost. He's waving at us.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I ain't afraid of no ghost.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just don't cross the streams. That would be a much worse outcome than a CME.

To quote Dr. Egon Spengler:

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
                          Actually, when my time comes that's kind of how I hope I will go.

Comment

'Impossible' Space Engine May Actually Work, NASA Test Suggests

It's really starting to look as if an "impossible" space propulsion technology actually works.

Researchers at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston have found that a microwave thruster system that requires no propellant does indeed generate a small amount of thrust, Wired UK reported Thursday (July 31). If the technology pans out, it could make spaceflight far cheaper and speedier, potentially opening up much of the cosmos to exploration, advocates say.

Comment

This is a great find @1979Shocker: ! I just started reading about this technology and it looks like that although this technology might be years from practical use, if it comes to fruition it will radically change space travel, satellite technology and probably more.

NASA's device, a microwave thruster called the "Cannae Drive," was built by US scientist Guido Fetta. It works by bouncing around microwaves within a sealed container, using a method that seemingly contradicts the law of conservation of momentum. Miraculously, the thruster seemed to function as described, and while the model NASA tested is hardly capable of moving any large object through space, the fact that it registered any measurable movement is promising. If the agency can scale up the device significantly, it could be used for anything from limited satellite propulsion that uses solar power exclusively to a spacecraft that can carry astronauts from Earth to Mars in just a few weeks.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/01/n...wave-thruster/

Shawyers engine provides thrust by “bouncing microwaves around in a closed chamber.” That’s it. There’s no need for a propellant of any kind like rocket fuel. When filled with resonating microwaves, the conical chamber of the thruster experiences a net thrust toward the wide end. These microwaves can be generated using electricity, which can be provided by solar energy. In theory, this means that the thruster can work forever, or at least until its hardware fails.

“Test results indicate that the RF resonant cavity thruster design, which is unique as an electric propulsion device, is producing a force that is not attributable to any classical electromagnetic phenomenon and therefore is potentially demonstrating an interaction with the quantum vacuum virtual plasma,” the report reads.

Therefore, we’ve still got a long road ahead of us before we’ve got energy-harvesting self-propelled intergalactic spacecraft, but these studies (assuming they’re not flawed) suggest we’ve made a major breakthrough in space propulsion systems. With further refinement, microwave thrusters could drastically cut the cost of satellites and space stations, and potentially even make it possible to travel to distant planets, like Mars, in weeks rather than months or years.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-te...#ixzz39ITKNvAB
                              Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook
                              Last edited by Shocker-maniac; August 2, 2014, 10:43 PM.
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Capture.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X