No announcement yet.

NASA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we witnessed a rare colonic mass ejection last night in the Connor thread, if that has any asstronomical value?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Well we witnessed a rare colonic mass ejection last night in the Connor thread, if that has any asstronomical value?
      I would say more gastronomical than astronomical.
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        I would say more gastronomical than astronomical.
        I didn't EXACTLY say "astronomical". ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I didn't EXACTLY say "astronomical". ;)
          Guess I need to work on my reading comprehension skills. :sour:

Comment

Did anyone see the fireball last night about 7;15 PM? Lasted about 3 seconds or so.

Comment

What is the cause? Why is it happening? Is it normal for it to shift over time?
              What is the significance of this? What's the impact, if any? Navigation? I'm not sure.

Comment

What is the cause? Why is it happening? Is it normal for it to shift over time?
                What is the significance of this? What's the impact, if any? Navigation? I'm not sure.
                Completely normal.

Comment

According to this 2009 article the theory is that the shifts in the magnetic pole are due to dynamics in the earth's core (solid iron center surrounded by liquid metal).

North Magnetic Pole Moving Due to Core Flux

Geologists think Earth has a magnetic field because the core is made up of a solid iron center surrounded by rapidly spinning liquid metal. This creates a "dynamo" that drives our magnetic field.

Scientists had long suspected that, since the molten core is constantly moving, changes in its magnetism might be affecting the surface location of magnetic north.

Although the new research seems to back up this idea, Chulliat is not ready to say whether magnetic north will eventually cross into Russia.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ia-earth-core/
                  Last edited by Shocker-maniac; November 3, 2014, 09:29 PM.

Comment

It is an abnormality worth watching. I am not a doom and gloom kinda guy but I do believe in watching our environment and using science to attempt to ascertain cause, impact, and potential mitigation methods. The magnetic fields is our planets biggest defender against UV and radiation. A pole shift could impact climate and sea levels. I have read, but not read the referenced scholarly paper, from Europe (Dutch I think) which claims that there is evidence which requires further study that climate change and weather extremes is rooted in our planet's magnetic field more than carbon emissions. Interesting stuff.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      It is an abnormality worth watching.
                      What's an abnormality? The pole has always shifted and that's well known, so I think you switched topics and I missed it?

Comment

The "experts" say the abnormality is the amount of shift in the past 50 years but particularly recent years. As I said, it's interesting and worth study. I am not advocating any particular cause/effect but as is the case with global climate change I recognize something is happening but don't know the exact cause. I fully acknowledge my belief is not popular with folks I respect on this board.

Comment

The "experts" say the abnormality is the amount of shift in the past 50 years but particularly recent years. As I said, it's interesting and worth study. I am not advocating any particular cause/effect but as is the case with global climate change I recognize something is happening but don't know the exact cause. I fully acknowledge my belief is not popular with folks I respect on this board.
                          Gotcha. I didn't know there was concern (warranted or not) about the rate of shift. Now at least I am tracking with ya. :)
                          Last edited by Kung Wu; November 3, 2014, 05:34 PM.

Comment

So, what is the potential impact, if any?

Comment

So, what is the potential impact, if any?
                              A change in climate and a return to pre-electicity days. This entire issue is speculative and requires conjecture. The point of my post was to say that the earth's magnetic north aka pole is moving in a manner that appears to be more active than previously recorded movements. Is it normal? Will anything happen? Who the heck knows? All of the below items are purely speculative and may or may not be based on sound scientific principles.

Comment

KS would get mountains!

Comment

Working...
                                X