Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's behind Oklahoma's surge in earthquakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STOP FRACKING AROUND OKLAHOMA

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
      I just felt my first earthquake ever. It kind of freaked me out.
      Me too. That was the first one I've noticed. I was moved by it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
        I just felt my first earthquake ever.
        I finally felt one as well. I am no longer missing out.
        The Assman

Comment

I experienced my first earthquake during happy hour at the Embassy Suites on Paseo De La Reforma in Mexico City. I didn't feel very much, it was more of a side-to-side earthquake (as opposed to up and down, which according to people who know more than I do is much more easily felt).

I got this sensation - then I looked down and noticed the liquid in my drink was moving. Everyone froze for a brief second (they've had some really bad shakers down there) as if they were looking to dive under something if they needed to.

The earthquake was a 5. It really surprised me that it was that strong. I suppose if it were up and down (vertical motion) it would have been much more pronounced.

Now waiting for someone to come up with a joke related to earthquakes and sex.........especially after this post.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
            I experienced my first earthquake during happy hour at the Embassy Suites on Paseo De La Reforma in Mexico City. I didn't feel very much, it was more of a side-to-side earthquake (as opposed to up and down, which according to people who know more than I do is much more easily felt).

I got this sensation - then I looked down and noticed the liquid in my drink was moving. Everyone froze for a brief second (they've had some really bad shakers down there) as if they were looking to dive under something if they needed to.

The earthquake was a 5. It really surprised me that it was that strong. I suppose if it were up and down (vertical motion) it would have been much more pronounced.

Now waiting for someone to come up with a joke related to earthquakes and sex.........especially after this post.
            Obliged! But in the other thread. ;)
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

In short, it's not fracking but the wastewater injection that is the cause.

Stanford geophysicists have identified the triggering mechanism responsible for the recent spike of earthquakes in parts of Oklahoma -- a crucial first step
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

RIP waste water disposal companies.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

While this does come from the Oil and Gas Industry, it does contribute some helpful data:

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                    While this does come from the Oil and Gas Industry, it does contribute some helpful data:

http://energyindepth.org/national/fi...thquake-study/

When the Stanford report said "the triggering effect" as a statement of fact, you pretty much knew it was study with a built in premise and goal and that they were going to fit the data to match their beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      When the Stanford report said "the triggering effect" as a statement of fact, you pretty much knew it was study with a built in premise and goal and that they were going to fit the data to match their beliefs.
                      You mean a scientific "experiment" where the final "result" is the first step, and the hypothesis the last?

That NEVER happens... I mean unless there are academic types involved and grant money to be earned.

Comment

We should sell the waste disposal water to California.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          We should sell the waste disposal water to California.
                          That's a salty proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            That's a salty proposition.
                            They could let it flow it into the ocean like the rest of their water - say it relieving the effects of global warming.

Comment

Got a feeling that now that Tekele has graduated, we will see a decline in seismic activity in the region.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X