No announcement yet.

Potential Drought Relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like when we are almost certain to get beneficial rain, it splits at wichita then comes back together. It just DOES NOT rain here.

Comment

Looks like we have rain North and West of Wichita from Hutch to Salina and back to the NW and South and West of Wichita down through Western Oklhoma and the Texas Panhandle but it looks to be almost stationary for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Looks like we have rain North and West of Wichita from Hutch to Salina and back to the NW and South and West of Wichita down through Western Oklhoma and the Texas Panhandle but it looks to be almost stationary for the time being.
        #DWO for lyfe. #YesEndTheDroughtMovement

Comment

Dofo you're about to be under a big time shower so enjoy it and quit complaining! I'm in eastern Butler county and haven't seen anything!
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Very nice thunder shower just moving through East Wichita.

Comment

PTL!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Very nice thunder shower just moving through East Wichita.
                Yes, finally. It has been raining off-and-on since mid-afternoon and so far this evening. It is just beautiful. Started to sit out in the backyard and eat supper, but then the sprinkles turned into a downpour. Lovin' it. #droughtbuster

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

SE Wichita (Harry, Pawnee, Rock, Webb area) had 1" Thursday night, 1.25" Friday afternoon, and .5" Friday evening. The last .5" had some runoff. The first 2"+ had virtually none. The south side of my yard drains about a block and a half through it, so I get a good read on runoff.

I'm doing some landscaping work around 19th and Webb. When I got there this morning (Friday), it was bone dry. Not a drop Thursday night.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Hopefully more of the same tomorrow!!

The good news is....the pattern seems relatively unchanged for the next week and a half. Yes there will be a two day stretch where no rain occurs but a moist airmass looks to stay in place for a while so hopefully more rain to come even after this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      Hopefully more of the same tomorrow!!

The good news is....the pattern seems relatively unchanged for the next week and a half. Yes there will be a two day stretch where no rain occurs but a moist airmass looks to stay in place for a while so hopefully more rain to come even after this weekend!
                      Haven't even had a half inch of rain combined over past 2-3 days. It just DOESN'T rain here

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                        Haven't even had a half inch of rain combined over past 2-3 days. It just DOESN'T rain here
                        I guess somebody just hates YOU.

The airport is approaching 3 inches with plenty more on the way this weekend.

IT NEVER RAINS HERE.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          I guess somebody just hates YOU.

The airport is approaching 3 inches with plenty more on the way this weekend.

IT NEVER RAINS HERE.
                          I live in schulte. .4" so far this whole weekend. It's ****ing bull

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                            I live in schulte. .4" so far this whole weekend. It's ****ing bull
                            Rained here last night. More rain expected. In fact, we are in a flash flood warning until 10:30 PM.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              Rained here last night. More rain expected. In fact, we are in a flash flood warning until 10:30 PM.
                              In Omaha?

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                                In Omaha?
                                Ralston. God's country. Where the lion and the lamb lie together. The land of milk and honey. Where Mayberry meets New York. Paradise. East of turnpike kind of paradise. Nirvana.u

Oh, it didn't rain yet. But that's okay. You wouldn't want it to flood in Utopia.

Omaha sucks. Ralston is where it's at. That and Hutchison. Hutchison, where the air is clear and honesty rules the day. Where birds sing and children grow.

Hutchison, the delight of the Midwest.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X