• Show
Clear All

• Severe Weather

Potential for a large tornado outbreak this weekend

Data please?
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

You're an idiot, DOFO.

While there is a legitimate threat this weekend, details and timing are not even close to determine what exactly will happen and exactly where.

I
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

At this point, this is the 5th driest year in recorded history.

Comment

It is looking to be an active week. Chances for severe weather on Wednesday (overnight mainly), Saturday and Sunday (and possibly Monday). Of course with Sat/Sun being so far off they could slide some and it is not clear what the exact threat will be. Stay tuned...

Comment

DOFO is pretty much correct. There is potential for a tornado outbreak across part of the southern and central plains this weekend. Location and extent is to be determined. More to come later.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Thanks, COULD be the biggest tornado outbreak since 2012.

Comment

Well the way this Spring has went, we'll get a brief shower and that is it.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  DOFO is pretty much correct. There is potential for a tornado outbreak across part of the southern and central plains this weekend. Location and extent is to be determined. More to come later.
                  You could say there's potential for pretty much anything 5 days out. The fact that he threw out "large tornado outbreak" is just weak sauce, but par for the course for DOFO.

Again, there's potential for something, somewhere, but with the way this year has been going, and the horrible consistency of a lot of the models, I wouldn't be throwing around "large tornado outbreak" potential this far in advance. And his term didn't even make sense. A large tornado outbreak, as opposed to a small tornado outbreak?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Start to Twister Season Could be Quietest in a Century: Experts

This year has so far seen fewer twisters than any similar period in at least six decades and possibly a century or more, and zero deaths so far.

Call it the silver lining in last winter’s polar vortex: This year has so far seen fewer twisters than any similar period in at least six decades and possibly a century or more.

The U.S. has so far seen zero tornado deaths –- the safest start since 2002.

The start of 2014 is definitely the slowest in terms of tornadoes since 1953, when the most detailed database was started, Harold Brooks, a senior researcher at the National Severe Storms Laboratory in Norman, Okla., told NBC News.

Comment

it like they have never seen a "polar vortex" before. Now we are going to have a "pollen vortex"....gag me....and is going to happen right in the middle of the biggest tornado outbreak ever know to men, it may even hail dogs and cats.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        it like they have never seen a "polar vortex" before. Now we are going to have a "pollen vortex"....gag me....and is going to happen right in the middle of the biggest tornado outbreak ever know to men, it may even hail dogs and cats.
                        AAAHHHHHHH! I'd been trying to forget about it and let it go, but this just reminds me how much I want to strangle a person when I hear them say "Polar Vortex".

Not referring to you, SB, just the article/media in general. Just to clear that up :D

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                          Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          You could say there's potential for pretty much anything 5 days out. The fact that he threw out "large tornado outbreak" is just weak sauce, but par for the course for DOFO.
                          DOFO'S mantra?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Thats a nice rig she's sportin'. As always thanks WState.

Comment

Headed up to the White mountains in about 2 hours to do some flyfishing. I doubt I'll see anything like that up there. Oh well I'll just have to settle on some 20 to 22 inch rainbows at Becker Lake.

Comment

Working...
                              X