Duck Dynasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duck Dynasty

Is A & E really dumb enough to risk losing that much viewership and revenue over some comments made by the father.

I am on my phone or I would post a link about the comments he made to a magazine reporter concerning his religious beliefs on homosexuality. A & E suspended him and now the family is standing behind him and it appears they will walk away.

He basically quoted the Biblical view on homosexuality.

Comment

I don't think his remarks that blacks were happier in the Jim Crow law days helped him much either...

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
        I don't think his remarks that blacks were happier in the Jim Crow law days helped him much either...
        not exactly what he said

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          not exactly what he said
          Agreed, but that is the way his comments have been presented by some and interpreted by many. in general just want to point out he made many controversial statements in his interview, not just faith based ones.

Comment

If you are going to speak out against homosexuality because "the Bible clearly condemns it," you also should be speaking out against EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING the Bible condemns. I am still waiting for these people to speak out against such heathen spots like all-you-can-eat buffets (gluttony), divorce lawyer offices, and tattoo parlors. Anyone outraged enough to protest at Arrowhead Stadium or Koch Arena this coming Sunday since people are working on the Lord's Day?
            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              If you are going to speak out against homosexuality because "the Bible clearly condemns it," you also should be speaking out against EVERY SINGLE OTHER THING the Bible condemns. I am still waiting for these people to speak out against such heathen spots like all-you-can-eat buffets (gluttony), divorce lawyer offices, and tattoo parlors. Anyone outraged enough to protest at Arrowhead Stadium or Koch Arena this coming Sunday since people are working on the Lord's Day?
              so you can't speak out against gluttony without also speaking out against homosexuality?

Comment

Surprisingly, many mainstream media outlets are not hopping on the outrage train: http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...olumn/4124181/
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Interesting debate topic.

Comment

Christians believe in the New Covenant where the Old Testament "Law" has been fulfilled in Jesus.

I agree that sin is sin, but there is a big difference between the 10 Commandments that are restated in the New Testament and the old ceremonial laws like eating shellfish, getting tattoos and observing the Sabbath.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      Christians believe in the New Covenant where the Old Testament "Law" has been fulfilled in Jesus.

I agree that sin is sin, but there is a big difference between the 10 Commandments that are restated in the New Testament and the old ceremonial laws like eating shellfish, getting tattoos and observing the Sabbath.
                      Observing the Sabbath is included in the 10 Commandments too.
                      78-65

Comment

Is there any distinction on what observing means?

Comment

Not totally sure on that. For the record, I don't condemn anyone for working on Sunday. I have certainly done it.

My point is that we all seem to pick and choose what parts of the Bible are really important to follow and what is maybe not as important.

You can sum up the Bible in four words...and this really works for the 10 Commandments...LOVE GOD, LOVE OTHERS. Because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, we all have screwed those up in one way or another. I struggle with my own sin. I don't need to worry about others' sin....although I screw that up sometimes too. Thank God for His grace and forgiveness.
                          78-65

Comment

Observing the Sabbath is included in the 10 Commandments too.
                            Yes it is, it's the only commandment of the original 10 to change in the New Covenant.

The Bible teaches that the Sabbath is for people to rest and reflect, and to trust that God will still provide even if we take a day off.

Jesus got into a lot of trouble with the nitpickers over how He and His disciples observed the Sabbath.
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Christianity is becoming so watered down compared to what it once was. Churches nowdays spend little time preaching from the bible and focus more on being mainstream to increase attendance. Therefore you've got so many denominations bending to public pressure and allow gay marriage.

Comment

Working...
                              X