Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]830[/ATTACH]
    That was quite a warning. I am glad that the storm didn't end up being that exteme.

Comment

Obliteration east of OKC. Tears your heart apart.

Comment

They are say the storm is throwing debris up to 75 miles up in front of the storm....amazing. The 18 wheelers tossed off the highway onto other cars below is wrenching.

Comment

Some really bad radar signatures southwest of Wichita today. Some of the worst I've seen - comparable to Greensburg and Joplin.

Comment

Got 1.75" . no wind damage. hopefully we get more rain like this.

Comment

The tornado that went through western Sedgwick County was an EF-1 according to the NWS.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                That was quite a warning. I am glad that the storm didn't end up being that exteme.
                Yeah, I think their new "Experimental Impact Based Warnings" are kind of over the top -- plus I'm sure the "Tornado Emergency" is going to be discussed. I was following it on GR2 Analyst - it was hard to pick out the tornado(s) - they were weak (at least when they got to the city). I suppose that we can thank they were high precipitation storms and that helped choke them off. The ones in Oklahoma was easy to find and track - monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Yeah, I think their new "Experimental Impact Based Warnings" are kind of over the top -- plus I'm sure the "Tornado Emergency" is going to be discussed. I was following it on GR2 Analyst - it was hard to pick out the tornado(s) - they were weak (at least when they got to the city). I suppose that we can thank they were high precipitation storms and that helped choke them off. The ones in Oklahoma was easy to find and track - monsters.
                  The NWS seems to be fiddling around with the question of - how to distinguish between a regular tornado warning (that people in KS sometimes blow off) and a tornadic situation in which there are extreme consequences for not being in shelter. It's a fine line.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Moore took a direct hit.

Prayers for them...they are gonna need them..
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      The NWS seems to be fiddling around with the question of - how to distinguish between a regular tornado warning (that people in KS sometimes blow off) and a tornadic situation in which there are extreme consequences for not being in shelter. It's a fine line.
                      Strange the impact of this quote 24 hours later.

Comment

Working...
                      X