No announcement yet.

2013 Severe Weather - Act II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people criticize that guy and his site but weather is so unpredictable - He predicted Texas would get tornadoes this week

Comment

I put my buddy on Coldwater.

Seeing how everything is developing, this is gives lots of options based on deelopment but I feel puts him at the right spot.

Comment

Tornado on the ground in Ellis County.

NWS says Midnight - 2am is timeframe for Wichita storms

Comment

Megatropic forces generating downward pressure across the Central Kanhoma region are propping up a spheroidal contractulation. I don't, however, observe any syntiotic backdraft signatures, so the outcome of hyperturbulation seems unlikely at this time. Now there is a scenario where calculonero clouds may form, dumping enough precipitotic g-nodes per millisecond that a build-up of ionized metasupils could put the region into an extended watch scenario.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Megatropic forces generating downward pressure across the Central Kanhoma region are propping up a spheroidal contractulation. I don't, however, observe any syntiotic backdraft signatures, so the outcome of hyperturbulation seems unlikely at this time. Now there is a scenario where calculonero clouds may form, dumping enough precipitotic g-nodes per millisecond that a build-up of ionized metasupils could put the region into an extended watch scenario.
            that would suck

Comment

So glad you put that into layman's terms.

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                So glad you put that into layman's terms.
                @Kung Wu: lost me at "Megatropic"... :)
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Day 1 Moderate for Sunday...Interesting to know where the SPC's highest Tornado Probs are-----not inline with what the NAM or GFS were showing. SPC Hinting at higher bases for the storms in OK due to a large Temperature and Dewpoint Spread.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

One parameter that I see is a potential problem for the Wichita area is dewpoints have fallen from 72 to 58 overnight - so unless the moisture surges back to the west the action will be to the east.

Capture.JPG

Comment

Morning update from SPC. The push things a little further east and tighten up the risk areas. Alot is going to be dependent on where the dryline gets setup for today.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Comment

When Vern Miller was the AG the dry line was the Kansas border and extended upward including the air space over Kansas.

Comment

75 over 66 in Wichita. Latest Guidance has shown the dryline holding off on advancement until after initiation has started and then potentially a first round of Surface Based Storms---then a round of elevated later.

There also might be a triple point feature setting up this afternoon to focus convection on.

Comment

75/68 is the latest ob I'm getting at ICT.

LCL's are going to be a problem in Oklahoma, but not here today. As always, the dryline placement will be critical in determining where initiation begins. Still a SE component to the wind here. If things continue to stay backed, the tornado potential should be pretty decent.

As wsushox just stated, the dryline may be slowing just a tad.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I hope wichita gets a tornado

Comment

Tornado Watch up...issued till 10pm

Comment

Working...
                                X