X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Despite the wind they did a nice job on the whole thing. The big trencher getting operated was pretty cool. I wonder when the control of a big machine like that will be able to have the operator use like a robotic glove/arm to move the bucket instead of multiple hand controls they use now.

Comment

• I'm pretty stinkin' excited about the new business hall. I have many fond memories of my time at WSU--few of them involve Clinton hall itself. It is a tired building and not reflective of the incredible faculty and staff of the business school, and of the program itself. They are so deserving of this new building.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• About Clinton: They're planning to completely gut the building are reconfigure it into a student services complex after Woolsey is online.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            I'm pretty stinkin' excited about the new business hall. I have many fond memories of my time at WSU--few of them involve Clinton hall itself. It is a tired building and not reflective of the incredible faculty and staff of the business school, and of the program itself. They are so deserving of this new building.
            The Business school folks and the Engineers are what will continue to drive the University in the future. Also thank you for calling Clinton Hall tired since it was the newest building when I was going there. At least you didn't call it OLD and tired. Thank you for that

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                You know, I'd like to see a 10 story building at the corner of Oliver and 17th. I know they have plans for another 3-4 story partnership building there, but I think a statement building on that corner would be spectacular.

Comment

• Enrollment numbers are in

KU down 3.4%. YoY and down 4.5% over last 5 years
                  KSU down 5.1% YoY and down 15.6% over last 5 years
                  FSU down 2.8% YoY and up 5.5% over last 5 years
                  WSU down 3.1% YoY and up .4% over last 5 years
                  Tech down 4.2% YoY and up 39.1% over last 5 years

WSU growth over 5 years seems low. KSU loss over 5 years seems high. WSU has led the state for 9 years for inbound transfer students

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                    Enrollment numbers are in

KU down 3.4%. YoY and down 4.5% over last 5 years
                    KSU down 5.1% YoY and down 15.6% over last 5 years
                    FSU down 2.8% YoY and up 5.5% over last 5 years
                    WSU down 3.1% YoY and up .4% over last 5 years
                    Tech down 4.2% YoY and up 39.1% over last 5 years

WSU growth over 5 years seems low. KSU loss over 5 years seems high. WSU has led the state for 9 years for inbound transfer students
                    Do they always split WSU and Tech?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Must have repaired the damage from the Ivanka fiasco...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Just drove through the campus again today. Several new buildings completed but not named. New business building is underway. Student learning center (adjoining Koch) looks cool. Weren't the coaches' offices going in there? I wonder if Marshall even got his office set up before he was canned?

Comment

• The offices in the Student Learning center are for men's and women's track and cross country and men's and women's golf. Mens and womens basketball and volleyballball stayed in expanded offices in Koch. The expansion space came from areas vacated by the above sports moving into the new learning center. Every time I drive by and look at the new facility at Cessna stadium it just looks unfinished to me. It does not blend with anything else adjacent to it or anywhere for that matter. It looks like they ran out of money on the exterior. The interior is fantastic and is a tremendous upgrade over what they had.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            Just drove through the campus again today. Several new buildings completed but not named. New business building is underway. Student learning center (adjoining Koch) looks cool. Weren't the coaches' offices going in there? I wonder if Marshall even got his office set up before he was canned?
                            They are all named: https://www.wichita.edu/map
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

They are all named: https://www.wichita.edu/map
                              They don't have a name on the building. Not that I could find. On the map I think they're just called "partnership buildings".

Is there so much funding that they are just buildings on spec now? Not that all the other tenants are actually paying rent lol.

This whole thing is starting to look a lot like those fake Saudi Arabian cities built from scratch with nobody living in them.

Sure is pretty though. I hope it doesn't become a ghost town one day.

Comment

• Partnership Building 7 is the official name. The main tenant will be Deloitte.

Sept. 10, 2020 -- Deloitte and Wichita State University today announced the launch of The Smart Factory @ Wichita, a groundbreaking and immersive experiential learning environment that will accelerate the future of manufacturing as innovation and new technologies continue to reshape operations and the modern enterprise.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                                X