Poll: Where do you get your tacos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    You have to be certifiably crazy as a restaurateur/entrepreneur to enter the same segment that Chipotle resides in. They're like the US Navy versus everyone else. You're gonna lose, just depends on how bad you want it to look before you pull the plug.
    Do you watch Shark Tank? You sound like Mr. Wonderful
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
      Do you watch Shark Tank? You sound like Mr. Wonderful
      LOL! I do actually, on occasion. Not enough to know who you were referring to; had to look it up.

We can add an alert to our phones or whatever and re-bump this thread 5 years from now to see if Terry Newman's new concept makes a go of it. I would bet against it. Just being a realist. And yes, Mr. Newman has way, way more money and business start-up experience than I; I'm not trying to out "measure" the guy, if you know what I mean. It is a saturated segment, with a 900 pound gorilla that absolutely dominates it.

Comment

I've never eaten at Chipotle. I have eaten at Qdoba in Hutch once. Not a fan. They fill a burrito with fricking rice. I like rice, but unless it's Mexican rice, don't put it inside a tortilla. Yuck. If you're going to charge me $7-$8 for a burrito, fill it with something that cost you more than a quarter.

Comment

My favorite fast food taco is Taco Rio. My favorite from a restaurant is Connies. They are totally different. Connies is more authentic tastes like the tacos my grandma used to make (my grandma deep fried a flour torilla that was filled with hamburger, potatoes, peas and onion). The Taco Rio taco is your usual corn shell filled with meat, cheese and lettuce. But it is good.

FYI- Taco Rio is located at Douglas and Seneca. Connies is on north Broadway around 22nd street. Both of these places have been around for a long time, although Connie's has been around much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            I've never eaten at Chipotle. I have eaten at Qdoba in Hutch once. Not a fan. They fill a burrito with fricking rice. I like rice, but unless it's Mexican rice, don't put it inside a tortilla. Yuck. If you're going to charge me $7-$8 for a burrito, fill it with something that cost you more than a quarter.
            I ate at Chipolte's once (the one across the street from Wesley hospital). I went there because I had heard so many good things about them. I was extremely disappointed. My Burrito was cold. It ended up costing me around $9 (I got guacamole which cost extra). Maybe if my food had been hot I would feel differently but I can think of a lot better food I can get for $9 each.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
              My favorite fast food taco is Taco Rio. My favorite from a restaurant is Connies. They are totally different. Connies is more authentic tastes like the tacos my grandma used to make (my grandma deep fried a flour torilla that was filled with hamburger, potatoes, peas and onion). The Taco Rio taco is your usual corn shell filled with meat, cheese and lettuce. But it is good.

FYI- Taco Rio is located at Douglas and Seneca. Connies is on north Broadway around 22nd street. Both of these places have been around for a long time, although Connie's has been around much longer.
              I have eaten those tacos at Connie's. My ex bro-in-law used to make those and I can't find anywhere else that does it that way. I'm going to have to learn how to do it myself, I guess.

Comment

Working...
              X