No announcement yet.

Major Winter Storm - Oz Part 2 [Sunday/Monday]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point let it rip Mother Nature the snowfall is much needed relief from the ulti-year drought we have been experiencing west of the turnpike. But seriously, just plan on taking 24 to 48 hours of vacation/sick leave to avoid travel so that we can recharge the subsurface storage.

Safe travels...
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      ... the area of highest baroclinicity.
      Is there a pill for that??? ;)

For we laymen, does the baroclinicity thing make the storm better or worse? i.e. more/less precip and/or wind?

So, Weather Channel calling this one "Rocky". Is that made-for-TV BS or does NWS/NOAA name winter storms now?

--'85.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

TWC naming storms for something to do - National Weather Service refusing to go along

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
          TWC naming storms for something to do - National Weather Service refusing to go along
          My professors are not happy about it. They think it is sensationalizing weather.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
            Is there a pill for that??? ;)

For we laymen, does the baroclinicity thing make the storm better or worse? i.e. more/less precip and/or wind?

So, Weather Channel calling this one "Rocky". Is that made-for-TV BS or does NWS/NOAA name winter storms now?

--'85.
            Storms tend to move along the area of highest Baroclinicity (Highest Temperature gradient essentially). If that area is further south in OK/AR than the storm is going to move in that direction potentially taking the heavier snow amounts with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Just got a weather alert saying 8-14 starting tonight and going into Tuesday. I'm guessing we'll close early again at work.
              Thats the spirit.

Comment

Two things that could be effecting it is the snow pack creating a baroclinic zone further south than the models are on two hence taking the storm through the area of highest baroclinicity.
                I hate it when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  I wonder if Wednesday game at risk?
                  looks 50-50 at this point

Comment

Right now the storm is taking a southerly track - the question is how quick it will start tracking NE is whether Wichita storm will be a bust or blizzard.

Comment

Good Lord. We are projected to get 16" out of this. That'll give us about 3 feet total in a week.

Comment

WSU went ahead and cancelled classes for tomorrow.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

16" for where Pin?

Comment

16" for where Pin?
                            Yeah, this may bust unless you are in OK or east of Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              Yeah, this may bust unless you are in OK or east of Wichita.
                              Yea, that's my thinking as well.

Personally, I'm not 100% convinced that the entire system isn't going to bust.

Comment

Time to hunker down
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X