Who the 'F' kills kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    Imagine some psychopath with a leaf blower walking into a classroom and blasting acid all over everybody.
    Heckuva beginning to a short story.

Only two generations ago, the "children" (mainly highschool age, but often the middle schoolers) used to bring their rifles to school so that they could hunt on the way to school and on the way home. Even the kids themselves were taught the proper safety and handling of a firearm and more than capable of taking out a deranged person capable and willing to kill tens of kids.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

In case you missed it, the President's address to the families of Newtown.

In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
        In case you missed it, the President's address to the families of Newtown.

http://www.barackobama.com/news/entr...20121217_da_nd
        I'm actually having fun reading the comments below the video. A poster by the name of Jason Hollis is absolutely tearing those dimwitted liberals a new bunghole. Goooo Jason!

Jason Hollis Kamala Salmon • 2 hours ago
        168 people were murdered in a split second using a truck, fertilizer, diesel fuel, and a timer, back in 1995, on my birthday.

Clearly we should ban these dangerous items.
        http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/hi...

Ironically, the murderer cited the 'Assault Weapons Ban' as a contributing motivator.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          If you are torn it's because you need to educate yourself on the situation.

I should have better qualified my statement. I think it's completely unrealistic to do wholesale bans on anything. You're right...there would be major problems if they tried to confiscate weapons. I just wish there was a way to restrict the access of firearms to people with serious mental health issues. I recognize though that this would violate many privacy issues. I'll freely admit that as a young adult I struggled for a period with depression, following the death of a very close friend. I admitted this to my doctor who put me on an antidepressant for around a year. It worked, and I'm fine now. I went on to get my BS and M.Ed. from WSU, and I'm closing in on 5 years at my current job. I'm a productive member of society, a homeowner, a married man, and god willing a father someday. Should the fact that I was on an antidepressant for a short time prohibit me from owning guns? I don't think so.

Again, I don't profess to have any answers at all.

Edit: Plus I'm no Danny Trejo with the knives.

Comment

From the mouth of babes......and I can't stop crying. God rest their souls.......

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              http://www.ibtimes.com/newtown-shoot...k-pinto-949304

From the mouth of babes......and I can't stop crying. God rest their souls.......
              Stop torturing yourself man. You can't bring 'em back and all you're doing is taking years off your life. Spend your energy telling people to prepare themselves against future attacks by being proactive, staying alert, and if possible staying armed.

This is going to happen again, and again...

T

Comment

Originally posted by RampageWSU View Post

Again, I don't profess to have any answers at all.
                This is not a hard issue to solve, the problem is we have a bunch of dumbasses in washington who only want to push their ideology (right or left) down your throats, instead of solving problems. Take health care - instead of fixing the things that are wrong with health care where people are screwed over (like prexisting conditions, raping individuals who are not part of bigger pool, etc), no that would be to simple - they have to push down "their" system of they want they think it should be even though it won't fix crap and will cause bigger problems. The same way with dealing with guns, it is either Black or White, you either ban than or u must hand them out at birth.

Here is an example of how you solve the gun and violence issue:

1. Profiling is not an evil. It allows you to effectively marshal your limited resources to the potential highest threats. Allow it, embrace it.

2. If you want to own a gun then you must file for a permit that is renewable every 3 years. This permit cost will be a function of what type of gun you want to own. If you are buying shot guns for hunting, it will be likely cheaper than if you are buying AR 15 for sport. In addition you must complete the following action:

a. File for a registration that will allow you to handle or own different type of of class of weapons.

b. Receive Initial Extensive training on how to properly use your weapon including safety and use of deadly force and the state laws. This is not a weekend training course, this will be likely a 6-8 week course on weekend including actually qualifying at a range. If you are a law enforcement (or former law enforcement) or a veteran with honorable discharge, this can be waived.

c. Require extensive background check to include check for mental illness. The recipient pay for the back ground check.

d. Require an initial mental health check. On renewal you will be required to have a doctor sign a form that you have no mental health issues. Have a provision to hold Dr. accountable if they don't due their due diligence.

e. Provide proof you have gun safe and trigger locks on the initial your initial filing and at renewing.

f. On renewal require you to attend refresher safety training and discussion of the laws for your state.

g. If you have an illegal gun, treat it like drug crimes where the confiscate your vehicles, houses and property.

h. No special treatment to politicians, celebrity, etc.

i. Hold gun registrants accountable if they allow people who access to their weapons who don't have their own registration.

If you say this is a lot or to much - your right. That is the whole point. If you want to own a gun, you must work at it and you must show and be responsible.
                Last edited by SB Shock; December 19, 2012, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  This is not a hard issue to solve, the problem is we have a bunch of dumbasses in washington who only want to push their ideology (right or left) down your throats, instead of solving problems. Take health care - instead of fixing the things that are wrong with health care where people are screwed over (like prexisting conditions, raping individuals who are not part of bigger pool, etc), no that would be to simple - they have to push down "their" system of they want they think it should be even though it won't fix crap and will cause bigger problems. The same way with dealing with guns, it is either Black or White, you either ban than or u must hand them out at birth.

1. Profiling is not an evil. It allows you to effectively marshal your limited resources to the potential highest threats. Allow it, embrace it.

2. If you want to own a gun then you must file for a permit that is renewable every 3 years. This permit cost will be a function of what type of gun you want to own. If you are buying shot guns for hunting, it will be likely cheaper than if you are buying AR 15 for sport. In addition you must complete the following action:

a. File for a registration that will allow you to handle or own different type of of class of weapons.

b. Receive Initial Extensive training on how to properly use your weapon including safety and use of deadly force and the state laws. This is not a weekend training course, this will be likely a 6-8 week course on weekend including actually qualifying at a range. If you are a law enforcement (or former law enforcement) or a veteran with honorable discharge, this can be waived.

c. Require extensive background check to include check for mental illness. The recipient pay for the back ground check.

d. Require an initial mental health check. On renewal you will be required to have a doctor sign a form that you have no mental health issues. Have a provision to hold Dr. accountable if they don't due their due diligence.

e. Provide proof you have gun safe and trigger locks on the initial your initial filing and at renewing.

f. On renewal require you to attend refresher safety training and discussion of the laws for your state.

g. If you have an illegal gun, treat it like drug crimes where the confiscate your vehicles, houses and property.

i. Hold gun registrants accountable if they allow people who access to their weapons who don't have their own registration.

If you say this is a lot or to much - your right. That is the whole point. If you want to own a gun, you must work at it and you must show and be responsible.
                  Don't disagree with you, but I'm not sure any of those steps would have prevented Sandy Hook from happening. Letter (i) would be the closest remedy but when a madman wants guns bad enough he will just kill a rightful gun owner to get them.

Your point is well taken though. Treat it like a private pilot's license with a flight physical.

Comment

Asking the government for permission to have weapons to protect yourself from that very government seems like a bad precedent to set, does it not? Maybe it decides one day that soldiers returning from combat are too risky to be allowed to have weapons due to combat stress. Well if the crap hits the fan isn't it those very soldiers we will most likely rely on to protect us from the tyrannical government?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Don't disagree with you, but I'm not sure any of those steps would have prevented Sandy Hook from happening. Letter (i) would be the closest remedy but when a madman wants guns bad enough he will just kill a rightful gun owner to get them.

Your point is well taken though. Treat it like a private pilot's license with a flight physical.
                      Oh I agree - this won't solve the violence issue of the Belchers, the Sandy Hooks, the Topeka shooting of police etc. Violence is a "heart issue" and a lack of fear in the Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

This post is a total fail and a total loss of liberty. You would have been happy in Soviet Russia.

"If you have an illegal gun, treat it like drug crimes where the confiscate your vehicles, houses and property."

???????

LMFAO!

There are 300 million guns in America. That's going to be a **** ton of confiscations...

This is a pretty good plan on how to start a civil war in America in 2013.

T

Comment

Pat Kelsey makes passionate speech

Comment

Working...
                          X