Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead

Is anyone else a fan of this show?

I admit, I hate the whole horror genre and have for some time. But a co-worker told me how good it was and since I am a big fan of apocalyptic stuff I found the first two seasons on Netflix and checked it out. Three weeks later I've now watched all 24 episodes and am totally hooked, much to the chagrin of my wife. I was quite surprised at how well the show is put together. Good plot and character development.

I honestly saw if for the first time last night as a friend was watching them on Netflix. Watched 4 episodes of season 2 and I'm now strongly considering Netflix so I can watch all of the first two seasons and have the DVR set to record the rest of Season 3 starting this coming Sunday. From what I've seen, it's very well put together. I'm now a fan. And I hadn't really heard about it until yesterday.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I've been keeping it up with it. Season 3 has been insane, as of now it's one of my favorite shows. I thought Season 2 was awful, but I'm happy I stuck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        I honestly saw if for the first time last night as a friend was watching them on Netflix. Watched 4 episodes of season 2 and I'm now strongly considering Netflix so I can watch all of the first two seasons and have the DVR set to record the rest of Season 3 starting this coming Sunday. From what I've seen, it's very well put together. I'm now a fan. And I hadn't really heard about it until yesterday.
        If you try to get caught up this season you'll have to pony up to watch the first few episodes of season 3 on Amazon. I got away with only having to watch the first two that way. They're $1.99 per, which isn't too bad, I guess. They replay the previous week's episode at 7, right before the new one. I would HIGHLY recommend getting season 1 under your belt.

There's a fan forum at thewalkingdeadforums.com. I like the specific episode discussions they have there. Also, at 10pm on Sundays AMC has a 30-min live talk and call-in show called "Talking Dead". I've only seen it once and it's alright. They often have a director or producer on. It's kind of like the Shocker Lockerroom show after a game.

Comment

I take it AMC doesn't have it On Demand? I hadn't checked. I'll figure something out about season 3. Definitely not your typical zombie story which is really cool.

I need to get a zombie plan in order...
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Unfortunately, AMC doesn't have it on-demand. I only knew about it being on Amazon because the AMC site directed me there.

Your first acquisitions to prepare should be a long knife and a katana sword. Then stock up on the guns and ammo. A hatchet might come in handy in the right situation.

Comment

Right now my plan consists of tripping people I don't know or like and out running them. It's a start.... @AndShock: is at the top of that list :D
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Is anyone else a fan of this show?

I admit, I hate the whole horror genre and have for some time. But a co-worker told me how good it was and since I am a big fan of apocalyptic stuff I found the first two seasons on Netflix and checked it out. Three weeks later I've now watched all 24 episodes and am totally hooked, much to the chagrin of my wife. I was quite surprised at how well the show is put together. Good plot and character development.
                Same with me - couple weeks ago my daughter was watching the first one on nextflix and I sat down with her and I have been watching it ever since. Almost through with the second season.

Comment

Have watched it from the beginning. Its awesome

Another great show is Justified
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    Same with me - couple weeks ago my daughter was watching the first one on nextflix and I sat down with her and I have been watching it ever since. Almost through with the second season.
                    I watched 23 episodes in 10 days. I was seeing "walkers" in the yard every time I opened the door!

Comment

I saw bitters in the stands at the Stu after we slashed VCU's throats tonight.

Comment

I watched 23 episodes in 10 days. I was seeing "walkers" in the yard every time I opened the door!
                        I am glad I found out what what the CDC guy had whispered. Now I want to know what that dang helicopter is doing? Hearing the walking dead?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          I need to get a zombie plan in order...
                          Your first acquisitions to prepare should be a long knife and a katana sword. Then stock up on the guns and ammo. A hatchet might come in handy in the right situation.
                          Been watching since Season 1, Episode 1. Remember, loud noises attract them, so try not to use your guns. We have a large number of machetes strategically placed throughout our home.
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I pretty much spent all of yesterday evening watching the show. Finally went to bed around 3....reluctantly. I think I'm set to start S2E9 tonight after the game, or maybe at lunch. I'd already watched E2-E7 on Monday with a friend. I should be caught up soon. I may have to head back to see said friend as she says she can get me caught up so they still may be on the DVR. There's hope for me yet!

I've never handled much in the way of knives/swords, but will have to look into it.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

This and Breaking Bad are my 2 top favorite shows going on right now.
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X