No announcement yet.

League 42 Vandalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've had a good run today. Over 80K raised so far. Also, the goal has changed from 100K to 150K.

Comment

KAKE - Spangles collecting donations to replace Jackie Robinson statue

As League 42 works to replace the Jackie Robinson statue that was stolen last week and found burned and in pieces Tuesday, Spangles will be collecting donations at all of their restaurants to help in the campaign.

League 42 director Bob Lutz will be at the Spangles at Kellogg and Broadway at 2:30 Wednesday afternoon to kick off the campaign.

Donations will be collected at the drive thru and in the lobbies at all locations from Thursday until next Monday, February 4.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        They've had a good run today. Over 80K raised so far. Also, the goal has changed from 100K to 150K.

Overnight kept the momentum and now over $110K. Hopefully there's one more good solid bump when they catch these losers and justice is handed down. Not just replacing the statue but something else to strengthen what they do every year would be fantastic.

Does anyone remember the details when they had a break-in and items stolen? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I seem to remember them losing most or all of their storage equipment a couple of years ago. Did they ever catch that thief?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Overnight kept the momentum and now over $110K. Hopefully there's one more good solid bump when they catch these losers and justice is handed down. Not just replacing the statue but something else to strengthen what they do every year would be fantastic.

Does anyone remember the details when they had a break-in and items stolen? Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I seem to remember them losing most or all of their storage equipment a couple of years ago. Did they ever catch that thief?
          Just chipped in my small contribution. They are up to $122k on the gofundme account. The largest contribution has been $1,000 but the average contribution is around $50 bucks, so far a nice community effort for sure. But the bigger contributors perhaps don't generally go through a go-fund-me page. So they should end up with a nice sum. Perhaps these thieves unintentionally did the League a solid.

I think I read that while the artist who sculpted the statue has passed away, they still have the mold. So perhaps replacing the cost of replacing the statue will be significantly lower than the original cost of $75k, and possibly that might have even been covered by insurance although that may be something League 42 did not have the money for.

Still hope they catch the culprits. You would think that would happen considering they have the truck and have recovered the remains of the statue. Hopefully, it proves to be just a petty theft and not act of vengeance and hate.

Comment

If you have any gently used baseball equipment or non-metal cleats sitting around your garage, especially in youth sizes all the way down to t-ball, they do accept equipment donations as well. This helps make sure all the kids will have all the gear they need to play.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Bump:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/replace-o...obinson-statue

Update: They have hit the adjusted goal of $150k and have raised that to $175k
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 31, 2024, 06:10 PM.

Comment

MLB, Teams to Replace Destroyed Jackie Robinson Statue Stolen from Baseball Center

There will be another Jackie Robinson at the front of McAdams Park in Wichita, Kansas, thanks to Major League Baseball and its 30 teams. As Brian Murphy of…

Nice. That frees up all the $177k+ that has been raised on the go-fund-me page the League's operation.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  MLB, Teams to Replace Destroyed Jackie Robinson Statue Stolen from Baseball Center

There will be another Jackie Robinson at the front of McAdams Park in Wichita, Kansas, thanks to Major League Baseball and its 30 teams. As Brian Murphy of…

Nice. That frees up all the $177k+ that has been raised on the go-fund-me page the League's operation.
                  And according to Bob's tweet, "AND (all caps are my emphasis) providing other means of support of League 42" sounds pretty damned amazing to me. Literally any support from MLB would be welcomed and a blessing. One has to think there's going to be a pretty special package, now and in the future for League 42.

Sometimes the best revenge is living well. I hope League 42 lives the good life for decades to come.

Comment

Feel-Good Friday: League 42's Vandalized Jackie Robinson Statue Will Be Restored, Thanks to Donations

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Feel-Good Friday: League 42's Vandalized Jackie Robinson Statue Will Be Restored, Thanks to Donations

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2024...tions-n2169575
                      That's a really nice and well done article on League 42 and Bob.

I haven't listened to Bob for years, so I may not be current, and maybe Bob has tempered his views on Conservatives (at least the Bob I remember was quite sarcastically disrespectful in his statements towards Conservatives in the past), but the Bob I remember would have made some comments with barbs attached to "Redstate" writers opinions in past years.

Thank you for that article.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

That's a really nice and well done article on League 42 and Bob.

I haven't listened to Bob for years, so I may not be current, and maybe Bob has tempered his views on Conservatives (at least the Bob I remember was quite sarcastically disrespectful in his statements towards Conservatives in the past), but the Bob I remember would have made some comments with barbs attached to "Redstate" writers opinions in past years.

Thank you for that article.
                        Tempered his views? Not bloody likely.

Comment

Is this turning out to be a blessing in disguise? They’re gonna get more money and more notoriety than anytime in their history.

Something to me just seems off with the investigation. They found the truck. It wasn’t stolen. Why no suspects or arrests? That seems to have died. The statue was burned in a public park? Why would they do that? So it could be found?

I dunno. I’m glad everything is going towards a good cause but my conspiracy theory part of my brain is activated. I’m probably way off base but it’s just a weird deal.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Is this turning out to be a blessing in disguise? They’re gonna get more money and more notoriety than anytime in their history.

Something to me just seems off with the investigation. They found the truck. It wasn’t stolen. Why no suspects or arrests? That seems to have died. The statue was burned in a public park? Why would they do that? So it could be found?

I dunno. I’m glad everything is going towards a good cause but my conspiracy theory part of my brain is activated. I’m probably way off base but it’s just a weird deal.
                            I thought the truck was stolen. If not, that is strange. The newspaper, and news reporters haven't reported very much at all, except that the truck was found.

Comment

Maybe the media discovered the criminals involved weren't white. Most low-level crime stories all but disappear today in the traditional media unless they involve good ol' crackers.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                Maybe the media discovered the criminals involved weren't white. Most low-level crime stories all but disappear today in the traditional media unless they involve good ol' crackers.
                                Exactly what I was thinking.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X