League 42 Vandalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League 42 Vandalism

Bob Lutz reports that the Jackie Robinson statue was cut down and stolen.

The artist has since passed away, so it’s not as if it can be replaced so easily.

WHAT THE ****, PEOPLE?!?!?!?!
    78-65

Just horrible…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Disgusting. Even worse (if that's possible) is that it's basically irreplaceable.

Why do people like that have to exist?

I hope whomever did it gets run over.

Comment

Always thought it looked more like Bob than Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Yeah. Never really thought it looked like Jackie Robinson at all. Having said that, still an awful deal.

Comment

The City of Wichita said someone stole the Jackie Robinson statue at McAdams Park Wednesday night.

Comment

Copper thieves (in this case bronze). Bastards will grind it down and scrap it for $800. Makes you sick.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

You would think that some kind of ID check on people that sell "scrap" to recyclers would deter some of this copper wiring catalytic converter and statue theft. What's next... Dave Stallworth or the statue at Eck stadium or one of the outdoor art objects on campus?

Comment

I have always been against destruction of statues. Still am.

Comment

Regardless of what you think of Bob Lutz as a sports journalist or even as a person, he deserve credit for his founding of and work with League 42. It is a good thing.

Cutting this statue off at the ankles presumably to melt it down for the value of the bronze is unquestionably a very bad thing and is unacceptable. But these days, what's new.

I hope Crime Stoppers puts up a healthy reward for information that leads to an arrest and that they catch the goons..

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      You would think that some kind of ID check on people that sell "scrap" to recyclers would deter some of this copper wiring catalytic converter and statue theft. What's next... Dave Stallworth or the statue at Eck stadium or one of the outdoor art objects on campus?
                      I mean they steal some firewood, melt down an arm, then a leg, then a whatever, and sell 50 pounds at a time as a melted ingot plus a bunch of other junk appliances ... who's gonna know?

Comment

I took some iron 6 months ago, that place would not cut me a check without taking a copy of my DL. Dunno if it's the law or just the policy at that particular place.
                        Last edited by pinstripers; January 26, 2024, 06:30 PM.

Comment

I took some iron 6 months ago, that place would not cut me a check without taking a copy of my DL. Dunno if it's the law or just the policy at that particular place.
                          It's the law. But so what? Did you tell 'em your iron was stolen? I bet you didn't. Did they ask? I bet they didn't. Do they care? Why should they? These thieves don't give two craps if the place takes their DL. They aren't walkin' in with the freakin' statue. They are walkin in with a ground down pile of copper, a melted glob of bronze, some old appliances, some rusty steel, and and walkin' out with cash.

Comment

It would not be cheap to melt it down.

Comment

That DOES look like Bob!

If he had a mastectomy.

Next statue is a hologram.

Comment

Working...
                              X