League 42 Vandalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KWCH - Police arrest 45-year-old man for theft of Jackie Robinson statue

A 45-year-old man, Ricky Alderete, has been arrested and booked into jail on multiple charges related to the theft of the statue, including felony theft with a value more than $25,000. He was also charged with aggravated criminal damage to property, identity theft and making false information.

Police say they have uncovered no evidence suggesting the theft was racially motivated. They believe the theft was for the financial gain of acquiring bronze.

Police said three individuals were present at McAdams Park when the statue was taken and said there would be more arrests.

Alderete was first booked into jail on Feb. 1 on other charges. Police gathered additional information to make an arrest for the theft.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Quick search. Career criminal. SHOCKING ADDITION UPCOMING: Also career drug user. Was already wanted for probation violation.

This POS will be a drag on society, one way or the other, until he dies. Alaska supermax, 3 squares, tv, basic health care, shower once a week, buzz cut once a month. No visitations. Supervised Facetime with family only once a month. And anytime he's had enough, here's the shot. If you're going to be dependent on society, then we set the rules.

Comment

As I suspected. tweakers.

Comment

I wonder if Bob and or Jeff will now come out and admit it was not racially motivated. You know that's got to hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I wonder if Bob and or Jeff will now come out and admit it was not racially motivated. You know that's got to hurt.
            NFW they do that

Comment

Bob Lutz
              @boblutz
              ·
              1h
              I would love to someday have a conversation with Ricky Alderete.

Comment

No way, pure marketing move by the Lootz gang. How better to get national attention, you interject race into a crime and shazam and every national media head comes calling.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post

No way, pure marketing move by the Lootz gang. How better to get national attention, you interject race into a crime and shazam and every national media head comes calling.
                  It was actually part of the CNBC headlines this afternoon. In the midst of a huge selloff (biggest in a year) we had to make sure this was covered...on CNBC (hardly the left wing of the NBC package). The news person acted completely STUNNED that it wasn't racially motivated, almost as if she was questioning the conclusion. She still managed to define the perpetrator as "mean spirited".

I wonder if they've ever called a gang shooting, or widespread looting as "mean spirited".

****ing tools.

Comment

Jeff Lutz’ name wrote the KSN 12 headline that said there was no racism involved in the theft. It was done for money.

Comment

After today's news conference Bob said it's a racial crime regardless of what police say - https://amp.kansas.com/news/local/cr...285426862.html

League 42 founder and executive director Bob Lutz said he doesn’t agree with police that this isn’t a race-related crime.

“It’s an iconic African-American person, baseball player [statue], that was destroyed,” Lutz said after the news conference. “That’s a racial crime as far as I’m concerned.”
                      Edited to add that there's a short video clip at the top of the article of Lutz saying the part above. He also said he doesn't know the person's motivation for doing what he did (I guess he doesn't believe it's financial gain like police are saying) and that he doesn't think it's a hate crime but does believe it's a racial crime. I imagine he doesn't want to go on the record as saying hate crime and is using racial crime so he can say he didn't say hate crime.
                      Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; February 13, 2024, 04:12 PM.
                      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

After today's news conference Bob said it's a racial crime regardless of what police say - https://amp.kansas.com/news/local/cr...285426862.html

Edited to add that there's a short video clip at the top of the article of Lutz saying the part above. He also said he doesn't know the person's motivation for doing what he did (I guess he doesn't believe it's financial gain like police are saying) and that he doesn't think it's a hate crime but does believe it's a racial crime. I imagine he doesn't want to go on the record as saying hate crime and is using racial crime so he can say he didn't say hate crime.
                        Love what Lutz has done in building League 42. Other than that, he is pretty much a putz.

Comment

I don't understand. Thousands of people tore down statues for an entire summer, and no arrests or bad press. Maybe this guy was just mostly peacefully protesting?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Trust me, if it was a statue of the confederate flag the tweaker still would’ve stolen it and tried to melt it down.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Trust me, if it was a statue of the confederate flag the tweaker still would’ve stolen it and tried to melt it down.
                                Thankfully they didn’t head East farther on 17th and accost the Dave Stallworth statue.
                                An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Working...
                                X