KC Chiefs Week 3: at New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Whatever you say about the catch, the thing that looks bad is that they never had a conference with what looked like two referees making two different calls. If they would have conferenced in the endzone prior to making a definitive call, they would hav looked like they were in command of the situation whatever final decision they made.
    I'll agree with that.

Comment

on the last play of a game, why on earth would the defender try to catch the ball anyway? even my 8 year old son knows you knock it down. plain and simple....
      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
        on the last play of a game, why on earth would the defender try to catch the ball anyway? even my 8 year old son knows you knock it down. plain and simple....
        So, it's the defender's fault that the call was blown?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          So, it's the defender's fault that the call was blown?
          No, not at all. But with the history (as brief as it is) of these replacement refs why leave anything to chance?
          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Lions - Titans.

Comment

pride...after he make the INT he can then jump up and down and say "look at me". It is a little harder to do if he just bats the ball down because the camera might not be on him any more.

Comment

dont know how someone can say when one guy has 2 arms squaring around the ball and the other guy has his 1 hand on the ball all the way to the ground, can call it simultaneously possession, just because you touching the ball doesnt mean you have control of the ball.
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I saw the Seattle/Green Bay video for the first time today and didn't think it was some big, glaring, obvious mistake.

And lets not pretend that the "real" refs don't suck too. There have always been questionable calls and there always will be. People are making way more out of this than there should be.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It was glaring.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      It was glaring.
                      I agree, honestly I can see how they missed it in real time, the thing that floored me is they didnt overturn the call, and to be honest I think if this game was in Green Bay they would have overturned the call.

Comment

I've seen two different angles and still don't see it as a major, glaring mistake. The WR had pretty good position and was in front of the defender as they both came down with it. It's whatever. Personally, I think much more is being made of it because it's trendy to hate on the officials right now.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Yeah, there is some of that, but the push in the back that preceded it made it worse. I haven't seen the angle you saw, I guess.

Comment

Even the "real" refs wouldn't have called PI on that play.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              I've seen two different angles and still don't see it as a major, glaring mistake. The WR had pretty good position and was in front of the defender as they both came down with it. It's whatever. Personally, I think much more is being made of it because it's trendy to hate on the officials right now.
                              1. Tate pushed off, irrelevant by replay, wasn't called.
                              2. Tate pulled his hand off, giving up control of the ball, thus ceding control to Jennings.
                              3. The officials reviewed the play, and still didn't change the call.
                              4. The teams went to the locker room, and subsequently were called back out to the field to kick a meaningless extra point, adding more insult to injury.
                              5. The league even said it was a blown call, and the refs could be back tomorrow.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Real Refs are back tonight!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X