KC Chiefs Week 3: at New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
    With some of the throws he got today, can you blame him?

It's going to be a sad, sad day when Bowe leaves the team after this season and we see just how good he is with a QB that gives him nice throws all the time.
    Give me a break. Cassel made some bad throws today that hung his receivers out to dry (and he made some good throws too). Bowe made some nice tough physical catches today and he missed some catches especially the one that went through his hands that could have won the game earlier on about the 20. There was no excuse for not making that catch. It went right through his arms.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      Ok so maybe we all overreacted a little? Just like last season.

Atlanta has looked good, sometimes darn good. Buffalo won today so that's always a good sign.

Add into that the fact that we just won in the SuperDome. I'll take it. Next week at home against the Chargers will be telling.
      It was a dry run for their next game in the superdome this year.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        Give me a break. Cassel made some bad throws today that hung his receivers out to dry (and he made some good throws too). Bowe made some nice tough physical catches today and he missed some catches especially the one that went through his hands that could have won the game earlier on about the 20. There was no excuse for not making that catch. It went right through his arms.
        I should have finished my statement with .... There was no excuse for not making that catch. This is the NFL. Cassel won't be a top quarterback because he isn't very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
          No, there really wasn't any overreacting at all. The team wasn't even competitive in the first two games. The defense, which is supposed to be the team's strong point, was nonexistent.

It seemed like Jamaal Charles long TD run today sparked this team a little. The defense finally woke up and completely shut down one of the best QB's and offenses in the league. However, we can't rely on a career day from our running back every game. We'll have to see how the Chiefs play next week against a Chargers team that will be wanting revenge from Halloween of last year.
          Last year's team started worse. Where did that team go? A missed field goal away from the playoffs.

Atlanta's offense has made everyone look silly, no surprise they tore up our 3rd string cornerback.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            Last year's team started worse. Where did that team go?
            Stayed at home during the post-season and finished last in the AFC West.

Comment

After this weekend - the NFL might want to get the professional refs back on the field. Packers got homered tonight several times and royally screwed on the last play.

Comment

The hell with them.....break the union.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  After this weekend - the NFL might want to get the professional refs back on the field. Packers got homered tonight several times and royally screwed on the last play.
                  I agree. The replacement refs have been a joke. The games seem to be taking longer and there are a lot more controversial calls.

There have also been several bad no calls. Yesterday Tony Romo got a terrible head butt that I was very surprised he was able to get up from. The refs called nothing. The replays clearly showed helmet to helmet contact. I am worried someone is going to get hurt badly.

I don't think the NFL wants to end up damaging their product or some of their star players with these refs.

Comment

As long as people are still watching in large numbers the NFL can and will continue on as is.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Idk, with this type of publicity of last night the league might be compelled to move (plus the 3 physical altercations that coaches had this weekend also might factor). But maybe the league has so much hubris they will continue on with their Division 3 refs.

Capture.JPG

Comment

I'm not sure how much different we would be talking about the final play of last night's game if the real refs would have been there. People seem to forget that the real refs were complained about all the time too. This play could have been called either way.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                          I'm not sure how much different we would be talking about the final play of last night's game if the real refs would have been there. People seem to forget that the real refs were complained about all the time too. This play could have been called either way.
                          no way, thats why its getting so much run, it was not close by a long shot, unless you consider Jennings arm part of the ball lol cuz thats all Tate got
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Former ref Phil Luckett (the guy who screwed up the coin toss) was up in the replay booth for the NFL giving advice - so things are starting to fall in place.

The back judge who ruled it a interception had refed in the sugar bowl and was the most experience of the crew and was a former B12 official

The side judge, is a investment banker who experience was high school and JC.

The Referee is real estate agent who works high school and indoor football.

Comment

Can't believe the level of hypocrisy of some people. Making judgement on this play when they know less about the rules than these replacement refs they are supposedly smarter than.

Read the rules. If you do, you will see the right call was made. It makes no difference who gets the ball in the air. It matters who has the ball when feet hit the ground. When the GB player hit the ground, there was no clear possession. Both players had hands on the ball.

You can disagree with the rule. You can say they missed the pass interference. But this catch crap is getting old real quick.

But remember that we argue over calls after EVERY weekend. College/Pro, Regular/Replacements. Bad calls are made. If you are up by 20, they don't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                                Can't believe the level of hypocrisy of some people. Making judgement on this play when they know less about the rules than these replacement refs they are supposedly smarter than.

Read the rules. If you do, you will see the right call was made. It makes no difference who gets the ball in the air. It matters who has the ball when feet hit the ground. When the GB player hit the ground, there was no clear possession. Both players had hands on the ball.

You can disagree with the rule. You can say they missed the pass interference. But this catch crap is getting old real quick.

But remember that we argue over calls after EVERY weekend. College/Pro, Regular/Replacements. Bad calls are made. If you are up by 20, they don't matter.
                                Whatever you say about the catch, the thing that looks bad is that they never had a conference with what looked like two referees making two different calls. If they would have conferenced in the endzone prior to making a definitive call, they would hav looked like they were in command of the situation whatever final decision they made.

Comment

Working...
                                X