Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. Meanwhile, the river will be marching up Main Street here some time tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      I agree. Meanwhile, the river will be marching up Main Street here some time tomorrow
      South fork will be roarin’!

Comment

• I’ve read in the early planning of Cheney res. that there was supposed to have been a twin reservoir on the south fork somewhere around Murdock. Might have been a wise decision to have followed through.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I agree. Meanwhile, the river will be marching up Main Street here some time tomorrow
          Is here Kingman?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Is here Kingman?
            yup

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
              I’ve read in the early planning of Cheney res. that there was supposed to have been a twin reservoir on the south fork somewhere around Murdock. Might have been a wise decision to have followed through.
              I saw those plans 40 years ago. The dam was to stretch from the Kostner Ranch to the high point west on the Chambers place, maybe a mile and a quarter in length. Basically 3 miles south of Murdock. Seems to me that was abandoned because of the high salt content of the south fork.

Comment

• US National Weather Service Dodge City Kansas

·
                A private weather station 5 miles northeast of Pratt reported 11.85" of rain this morning. The vast majority of this fell in 2.5 hours starting at 2 am.​

Comment

• That's crazy. I hope some of that finds it's way into useful storage facilities.

Comment

• Seems like there are a lot of tropical storms popping up in the Atlantic this year.

Comment

• Hellish straight line winds last night during the thunderstorm. Unrooted a 100-year old catalpa tree in my back yard. Fell over just short of the house. Lots of damage around town. Pics on KSN, I heard.

Comment

• Ross Janssen

16h ·

"This is by far one of the best photos of a downburst I've ever seen. This is rain-cooled air that descends and hits the ground, instantly spreading out in all directions. It was taken near Bennington Wednesday evening by Tara Nisbeth."​
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                        X