Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaths are being reported in the western suburbs. I had baseball sized hail at my house. Crazy.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• This is about 15 miles from me. Parts of West Omaha have Been absolutely leveled.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        Deaths are being reported in the western suburbs. I had baseball sized hail at my house. Crazy.
        Glad you're safe!!
        Last edited by Kung Wu; 1 week ago.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          https://www.facebook.com/share/v/cGq...ibextid=w8EBqM

This is about 15 miles from me. Parts of West Omaha have Been absolutely leveled.
          We were watching the reports unfold—absolute devastation in the Omaha and Nebraska areas. Today, there should have been a PDS tornado watch in the Nebraska area, but the SPC is afraid it will be accused of hyping the weather.

It will be interesting if they go with any moderate areas in the severe weather outlook for tomorrow.w

Significant Tornado Parameter is around 7 or 8 in the Wichita area tomorrow. In the Omaha area today, it was around 3.

stp.jpg

Comment

• From what I've heard, from Texas to Wisconsin. I wasn't worried when I first posted, it became a s h i t sandwich here in minutes. I've always enjoyed a good thunderstorm, this is the first time I've gotten concerned. Much of the impacted area was affluent and somewhat spread out. The Ramblewood area is densely concentrated area of 3 bed, 1-1/2 bath splits. Those houses are gone.

As much as I normally like these storms , I pray this misses everyone tomorrow. I have a buddy doing a gravel ride in Pratt, KS. He wanted me to go, I hope none of this stuff hits him or you.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

We were watching the reports unfold—absolute devastation in the Omaha and Nebraska areas. Today, there should have been a PDS tornado watch in the Nebraska area, but the SPC is afraid it will be accused of hyping the weather.

It will be interesting if they go with any moderate areas in the severe weather outlook for tomorrow.w

Significant Tornado Parameter is around 7 or 8 in the Wichita area tomorrow. In the Omaha area today, it was around 3.

stp.jpg
              What defcon level are we at for tomorrow in Wichita area?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What defcon level are we at for tomorrow in Wichita area?
                The next update from the SPC is at 1am. Have a better idea then.

The models are all over the place. A lot of parameters seem to be in place for high-end storms, but some models have Wichita not getting any measurable rain.

Mike Smith tornado forecast is the following. The red outline is where he believes the greatest threat of tornadoes tomorrow.

I believe Saturday presents a major tornado risk to residents of southeast Kansas and much of the east half of Oklahoma.  The color code: Th...

Mike Smith.jpg

Comment

• Who knew SN would be a source for weather news? Will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Comment

• How are we looking as of this morning???

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      How are we looking as of this morning???
                      this was 830 this morning. Pretty recent. ‘Moderate’ area has moved further west and slightly north.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        How are we looking as of this morning???
                        Day 1.jpg
                        SPC latest as of 8am update. Added moderate risk for most of OK and SE Kansas.

A tornado watch is already out for for Western OK. Moisture has returned (though shallow). Any storms anybody gets will likely be severe.

Comment

• Watchin Ch 3 right now. He said "east of the turnpike." I swear.

Comment

• Stay safe today. SN.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Day 1.jpg
                              SPC latest as of 8am update. Added moderate risk for most of OK and SE Kansas.

A tornado watch is already out for for Western OK. Moisture has returned (though shallow). Any storms anybody gets will likely be severe.
                              What time would the party begin, if at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Watchin Ch 3 right now. He said "east of the turnpike." I swear.
                                Based on the SPC forecast, that is probably the greatest threat at the moment, but most of Kansas could see severe weather. If the dry line comes alive out west, there could be some monster hail and tornadoes along its path. And most of TV station graphics are like 8 hours old and have not been adjusted for with the latest SPC forecast.

But for Wichita, the HRRR shows prominent Helicity Swath cutting through the middle of Wichita (basically a track of supercell that probably will have hail (and possibly tornado).

Helicity Swath.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X