*Update* Drought 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    At this point, I'm with @Shocker85:. At least for the summer.
    Likewise.

This will also be a first for me.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Congrats DOFO. You now get to join that KU joker that was on here a while back. ICTHawk? I forget.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I did a calculation for where we are overall for the month of June. You have rain adding moisture and Evaportation/Transpiration taking away moisture. Here is a comparison between June 2011 and June 2012. Right now we are down almost an inch (last year we were down 2 inches).

Capture.JPG

Comment

Here is a comparison to 2012 with a Wet June (2007)

Capture.JPG

Comment

Dofo is correct right now. Foreseeable future is hot and dry. Rain does not look too good unless we get some sort of jet interaction with Debbie as it might turn towards west Texas.

A nighttime MCS is possible as well.

Potential ring of fire set up in the long term
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

So you're saying it only took him five predictions of hot and dry to finally get one right? And isn't hot and dry the standard operating procedure for late June and July?

Fact is, dofo is still an idiot and attention whore
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He isn't always right but his current long range outlook looks based in fact. Give credit where credit is due.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  So you're saying it only took him five predictions of hot and dry to finally get one right? And isn't hot and dry the standard operating procedure for late June and July?

Fact is, dofo is still an idiot and attention whore
                  I'm not arguing any of that. It's all true. What is also true is that it seems that some people here want to always make him out to be Wrong and an idiot when for once he managed to copy and paste right. He's right. Expect greater than 95 temps for a while, with little chances for synoptic rain - which as you said is about par for the course

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    I'm not arguing any of that. It's all true. What is also true is that it seems that some people here want to always make him out to be Wrong and an idiot when for once he managed to copy and paste right. He's right. Expect greater than 95 temps for a while, with little chances for synoptic rain - which as you said is about par for the course
                    Even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Comment

It's almost July. We haven't even had one 100 degree day yet. We've had way more rain than this time last year and we're still above normal for the year. The clown is making it out to be like this year is the same as last year's drought, which, in fact, WAS a drought. I don't understand. Do some people think we're in the tropics and we're supposed to be flooded with 10-inch downpours every 4 days? We're right on normal for this time of the year. A stretch of hot dry weather may be coming up. Is that really abnormal for Kansas in late June and July? I dunno why you're defending an attention whore who starts 10 threads about droughts and for the first time, we actually have a dry period that matches up with what the copy-paster posted. Give a person credit when he has a 10% succession rate? NO THANKS.

If you haven't figured out his shtick by now, then you might as well be grouped up with him. Come on.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I told you this was going to happen; expect the drought monitor in about 2 weeks to be SEVERE DROUGHT - EXTREME DROUGHT.

Comment

If you want to say that we are ahead of rain on the year, you are correct. But, it is possible if it rains 14" in January and February but doesn't rain ever since that means they are in a DROUGHT! Since the start of May, We are around 5-7 inches below normal.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
                            If you want to say that we are ahead of rain on the year, you are correct. But, it is possible if it rains 14" in January and February but doesn't rain ever since that means they are in a DROUGHT! Since the start of May, We are around 5-7 inches below normal.
                            you probably will need to hook a garden hose up to your pond for at least the next week.

Comment

He isn't always right but his current long range outlook looks based in fact. Give credit where credit is due.
                              Anybody could generically predict hot and dry for late june/july time frame and be more right than wrong. It is late June/July - it is suppose to be hot and dry.

Comment

We're going to have a hot and dry period in late June and July of 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. I'm four for four now on weather predictions! Or will be when the time comes.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X