NFL 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Never has a player gained more yardage or scored more touchdowns absent a single effective block for the vast majority of his career. Can you imagine what he would have done on a good team?

I certainly am not now nor have been a Detroit Lions fan, but Barry Sanders, for so many reasons, is quite possibly my favorite NFL player of all time.
    I remember before he retired, there were at least rumors about the Chiefs being interested in trading for him. The Chiefs offensive line was pretty damn good at that point.

Then there will always be the comparisons to Emmitt Smith, who was running behind arguably the best line in the league. Had Barry had that luxury who knows what he could have accomplished.

I own exactly one non Chiefs NFL jersey and it's Barry Sanders. I still enjoy going down the YouTube rabbit hole watching Sanders highlights. I think I sometimes forget just how good he really was and some of the crazy runs he pulled off.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Never has a player gained more yardage or scored more touchdowns absent a single effective block for the vast majority of his career. Can you imagine what he would have done on a good team?

I certainly am not now nor have been a Detroit Lions fan, but Barry Sanders, for so many reasons, is quite possibly my favorite NFL player of all time.
      Yes, he was so totally overlooked as a high school player. OSU was late to the game, and Nebraska and OU (both regional schools) never looked seriously at him (even with video shoved into their faces). It shows you how much talent is overlooked by all schools, including so called "blue bloods".

Comment

Put him on the Cowboys teams of that era and he probably has 25.000 yards and plays another two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I remember before he retired, there were at least rumors about the Chiefs being interested in trading for him. The Chiefs offensive line was pretty damn good at that point.

Then there will always be the comparisons to Emmitt Smith, who was running behind arguably the best line in the league. Had Barry had that luxury who knows what he could have accomplished.

I own exactly one non Chiefs NFL jersey and it's Barry Sanders. I still enjoy going down the YouTube rabbit hole watching Sanders highlights. I think I sometimes forget just how good he really was and some of the crazy runs he pulled off.
          Not even sure it’s even arguable the Cowboys O line wasn’t the best. Newton, Tuinui, Gogan, Williams, Stepnoski, and a great blocking tight end in Novacek….and then throw Larry Allen in the mix for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Not even sure it’s even arguable the Cowboys O line wasn’t the best. Newton, Tuinui, Gogan, Williams, Stepnoski, and a great blocking tight end in Novacek….and then throw Larry Allen in the mix for a couple of years.
            Moose Johnson as fullback too

Hell, I probably could have run for several dozen yards behind that line.

78-65

Comment

A group of Native Americans are campaigning to get Washington to change their name back to the Redskins.

Native American group demands Commanders change name (thecomeback.com)

Despite only owning the team for less than a month, Josh Harris and the Washington Commanders ownership group are already facing pressure regarding the team’s name.

The Native American Guardian’s Association, a North Dakota-based group, has started a petition to get the Commanders to change their name back to Redskins, and they have received over 90,000 signatures of support on their petition.

NAGA sent a letter to the Commanders’ ownership group, dated August 7, outlining the points of their argument, such as how other professional sports teams still have Native American-based names, “with the recognition that the name carries honor and respect.” NAGA’s letter also discusses how Washington could go back to the name while still being respectful, saying, “As the NFL franchise representing the nation’s capital, you have a distinct opportunity to recognize the history and value of the American Indian.”
              The petition has a little over 100,000 signatures at the time of this link being added.

It will never happen, but I find it amusing that there is a large group of natives that back the name. They always have, but people mostly listen to the white people offended by it.
              Last edited by SubGod22; August 15, 2023, 02:51 PM.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

They're willing to make him the 2nd highest paid DT in the league, 4th highest defensive player, and it's apparently not good enough for a guy who is most likely about to start his decline in productivity.
                  Last edited by SubGod22; September 6, 2023, 04:28 PM. Reason: Update due to Bosa contract
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Can someone explain to me why the Government Employees Health Association is buying naming rights to and NFL Field?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Can someone explain to me why the Government Employees Health Association is buying naming rights to and NFL Field?
                      Why not? Just because they're exclusive to federal employees doesn't mean they're federally funded. Now, if I'm mistaken and they do receive money directly from the government, and taxes, it's different. But I believe they're like any other insurance company, more or less, and don't receive any and are funded by customers.

And if that's the case, despite the name, there should be no issues.

With that said, I hate the fact that Arrowhead has that GEHA Field crap in front of it now and has taken a backseat to GEHA on stadium advertisements and such.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I like this.

KSHB - Norma Hunt, the 'First Lady of Football,' set to be honored by the Kansas City Chiefs, NFL

In her honor, both the Kansas City Chiefs and the NFL are ensuring her impact and legacy live on.

The league is announcing the "Norma Hunt Super Bowl Champion of Education.

"It's going to go to a teacher, it's a nationwide award to a teacher who has displayed excellence, who has a lot of the same values as my mom," Hunt said. "My mother was a high school teacher. She was a history teacher and education and learning was always important to her, so it's a way for us to remember my mom and also continue her legacy because the winner of that award is going to get to go to the Super Bowl every year."

Clark Hunt said it's a nod to his mother attending every Super Bowl game.

KSHB 41 Anchor Dia Wall said, “So continuing that streak.”

Clark Hunt replied, “That's exactly right. We're going to keep the streak alive."

Much like her memory within the team, the Chiefs players will wear a special patch embroidered with Norma Hunt's initials this season.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'm thinking the Chiefs and Mahomes missed Travis Kelce very much tonight. What is the nature of his injury.

Comment

They lost a little not having Jones last night for sure, but last I looked he doesn't play tackle on that O-line.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              They lost a little not having Jones last night for sure, but last I looked he doesn't play tackle on that O-line.
                              AND three dropped passes by Toney plus two terrible play calls ( jet sweeps for losses on short yardage situations ).........brutal schedule going forward

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                I'm thinking the Chiefs and Mahomes missed Travis Kelce very much tonight. What is the nature of his injury.
                                Hyperextended knee with swelling. Team doctors said they "think" his ACL is intact. I read this to mean they need swelling to go down before they can know for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X