NFL 2023/2024 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This is correct. You say for one side, and I say for the other.
    The difference is I've called out both sides while you just kiss the ass of one side.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Roll the window down as the first officer asks, and nothing happens.

Comment

• "I will say I could have been better," Hill said. "I could have let down my window in that instant. But the thing about me is, I don't want attention. I don't want to be cameras-out, phones-on-you in that moment. But at the end of the day, I'm human. I've got to follow rules. I've got to do what everyone else would do."

Tyreek Hill Calls for Cop Who Detained Him to Be Fired: 'He Gotta Go' - Newsweek
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• NFL star Tyreek Hill was handcuffed during a traffic stop before Sunday's game. What lawyers say about rolling down your window.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The difference is I've called out both sides while you just kiss the ass of one side.
            The only thing I disagreed with is that you didn’t think that police work is a dangerous job. I agree that a large majority of the time, it police enforcement doesn’t result in deaths and murders of cops. Furthermore, Towanda likely has never had a policeman murdered and is a low stress job. However the more urban you get, the more stressful and dangerous the job becomes. Miami-Dade is on the dangerous end of the spectrum.

In the Hill case, one of the cops was not skillful. However, as a football fan, I would also say that while Hill is a very good football player, I’ve never been impressed with him as a person, Although there probably are football players who are worse.

Comment

LOL, you pretended to take both sides but then went into your anti-police rhetoric and rationalized POS actions.

Comment

• 81K likes, 460 comments - coachdancasey on September 5, 2024: "🔒🔒🔒".
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Honest question. Does Tua need to retire? How many concussions has that man had in his short career?
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Honest question. Does Tua need to retire? How many concussions has that man had in his short career?
                    If he wants to have any hope of a semi-healthy rest of life, yes. On that play last night, I have no idea why he went head first. He had the first down and should have slid in. I wonder if Hamlin had a little PTSD moment seeing Tua in a state of suffering like that.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

JUST DON'T BE A TYRANNICAL ASSHOLE

It works both ways, but many ignore one side of it.

Wrong. Follow directions. It's NOT Tyreek's, or anyone else's for that matter, choice how things unfold. The stop was lawful. The command was lawful. Obey the law and there is NO problem. Start exerting your own street lawyer **** and there's a problem. This isn't hard to understand.

And by the way, Hill calling for this guy to be fired? I wish he would have had the concussion Thursday instead of Tua. Tua's a great dude. Hill is a total piece of **** making tens of millions. He broke the law. He initiated ALL the problems. He's beat his GF/wife. In a just world, he loses his job. ****tard.

No one is saying all police are perfect, far from it. We should be constantly training and evaluating and moving people around that aren't in the correct jobs. That being said, there are a ton of really bad folks doing awful things out there. And a hot beverage, kind words and a pat on the back aren't going to stop them.

The PROBLEM stems from bad people doing bad things. NOT the police trying to enforce the laws. Get out of your fantasy world of cupcakes and parties.

Comment

• And IDGAF if it's -500 degrees, if the police tell you to roll the window back down, you ****ing roll the window back down, immediately. You don't get to discuss it. Why is that so hard for some people to understand? It's not a ****ing debate. JFC

Comment

• If the police got 1/2 of the respect from the general public that the police give and are expected to give the general public, we'd have about a million fewer problems.

Comment

Some of you have very low expectations for law enforcement. While there have been some instances of attacks on cops, the job isn't near as dangerous as some make it out to be. It's not one of the most dangerous jobs in the country. Very few cops, relatively speaking, are ever harmed or killed on duty. There are more instances of cops using excessive force and letting their ego dictate interactions than there are of cops being attacked.

If a cop is afraid of every interaction with the public, they shouldn't be in law enforcement. Too many enforce their feelings over the law.

Hill was an ass. That's not against the law. He gave his documentation to the cop who said he'd be back after he ran the data. There's no reason for Hill to have to keep his window down at that point other than the ego of another cop not actively involved with the stop. He's one of the bad cops that simply looks to show how big a man he is while wearing a badge. He is the type of cop that gives the vast majority a bad name and why so many don't trust law enforcement.

Cops often times seem to be more like baseball umpires who seek confrontation when they need to be more like basketball officials who are trained to be diplomatic and not let things get personal.

Police are supposed to be trained to deescalate situations but too often we see yahoos like this cop who are looking for reasons to go hands on when it's not actually necessary. These are the cops that shouldn't wear a badge. They're the reason there's hostility and distrust amongst many and law enforcement. And it doesn't matter you skin color to these bad apples, they just want to be the boss regardless of what the law or the Constitution say about a situation. I'm betting this guy has a number of complaints against him for unnecessarily going hands on and willingly violating the rights of others. He really had zero reason to get involved and should have remained a passive actor in the stop if he felt the need to be there to support the other officer.

Again, it's not illegal to be an ass to a cop. But it's also not a good look when a cop goes out of his way to be an ass to a citizen and they should be held to higher standards as members of law enforcement. It's a shame that so many in this country are always willing to give them a pass because they buy into the propaganda that being a police officer is one of the most dangerous jobs on the planet. We hold our military to higher standards while in active war zones than we do our police officers dealing with ordinary American citizens. That's just shameful.
                            I think you should apply. Easy job and probably pays more than what you make now.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

JUST DON'T BE A TYRANNICAL ASSHOLE

It works both ways, but many ignore one side of it.
                              Who went south first? I’m sure the tyrannical asshole wouldn’t have been a tyrannical asshole if the citizen would’ve just complied with what was asked of him first.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                And IDGAF if it's -500 degrees, if the police tell you to roll the window back down, you ****ing roll the window back down, immediately. You don't get to discuss it. Why is that so hard for some people to understand? It's not a ****ing debate. JFC
                                Because this country and specifically this new generation of cropdusters have some sort of weird complex with law and order. They feel they can do whatever the **** they want and that somehow the world would be a better place if we lived in an anarchic society. We’ve already seen glimpses of this in the last 4 years and it doesn’t end well. The sense of entitlement and lack of respect displayed by people now is what’s leading to the mess we’re constantly dealing with now.

And yes there are bad cops out there just like there are bad eggs in every single profession (hi tyreek wife-beating thug hill). But this was clearly a case of the citizen acting wrongly first and the cops reacted. It’s not hard to figure out.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X