NFL 2023/2024 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
    WTF is the NFL doing? I'm this close to tuning out.
    40 minutes of garbage and then the actual football game. I almost turned it too.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Xavier Worthy to the Chiefs is borderline unfair.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

40 minutes of garbage and then the actual football game. I almost turned it too.
        I tuned out early and watched Marty McFly in ‘Back to the Future’… had forgot how good that movie was…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• They did have to fill an additional 20 minutes of the pregame since they had to clear the field when close lightning struck. I watched other stuff too while I waited for the kickoff.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I record the game and start watching after about one hour. I get done just as the game ends. The average NFL game is about 18 minutes of actual game play.

Comment

• Well, we're going to have another protracted discussion on race, regarding something that has NOTHING to do with race and everything to do with breaking the law and being stupid.

If you didn't hear, Tyreek Hill was detained on the way to the stadium yesterday. I'm sure the details will confirm that he was pulled over for driving at high level if not reckless speed in a congested area.

Upon being pulled over and approached by the cop, he rolled up his tinted window to halt the communication with the cop. This started a series of events that resulted in Hill being detained while the officers figured out what's what. Hill refused to sit and so the police redirected Hill to the ground. A few minutes later when information was confirmed, Hill was undetained, issued 2 tickets and allowed to go about his business.

His lawyer is seeking all remedies for Hill's damages.

1. Don't drive like a maniac and exceed the speed limit. Doesn't matter if you're driving a Yugo or a half million dollar car.
              2. Once you are pulled over, follow instructions. Not following lawful instructions is a reason to be detained.
              3. Being a minority is not an excuse or a reason to not have to go along with 1 and or 2.

Stop being an idiot. Don't beat up kids. Follow instructions. Life isn't hard, whether you are white and penniless or black and worth a hundred million.

If this clown gets .01 from the police (taxpayer) I'm going to vomit.

Comment

• Sorry Doc, gonna have to disagree with you some here. Tyreek was being an a**. No doubt, but the police severely escalated this incident. One in particular seemed to be a major jerk. While Tyreek didn't have to be an a**, being an a** isn't against the law. It wasnt even the original officer that made the stop that got bent out of shape. The officer that drug him from the car and cuffed him was definitely on a power trip and would be better served in a different line of work.

P.S. I don't believe he should get paid over this either.
                Go Shocks!

Comment

• After watching, I didn't think the cops were out of line in the least. The second he rolled up his window after being told not to was fair game for the cops to escalate.
                  Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Two observations regarding the tinted windows.
                    1. The cops couldn't see inside, so it wasn't a racial oriented incident.
                    2. Police stopping cars can end up being very dangerous (with the ambushes happening to police).

With those tinted windows, a cop couldn't see if a gun was pulled inside, so when Hill refused to open up the window, tension and apprehension would be a part (I would think) of what the policeman is feeling. It would take a very disciplined cop (one of the cops did maintain his composure well) not to escalate with that tension.

Comment

• Driving over 100 mph in a 35, not good. You know they ran his plates, and knew the owner was on a suspended license. He rolled his tinted window up, IMO, they should hauled him downtown.

Comment

• If the first words out of your mouth as a policeman tries to open a conversation with you are:

"Don't knock on my window. Don't knock on my window. Don't knock on my window. Don't knock on my window."

How do you think this is going to go?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Here's the aftermath of an accident in Overland Park on Saturday. A former Buhler grade schoolteacher and high school basketball coach were rear-ended by a car traveling 100+ mph on College Blvd near Metcalf Avenue. The schoolteacher (passenger in gray car) died at the scene and her husband (coach and driver) has serious injuries. The driver in the blue car (rice burner) that hit them has been arrested for second degree murder (DUI, with open container, etc.); obviously, these aren't similar circumstances, however 'excessive speed kills'. If you speed like that, endanger citizens and get caught, you should have your 'ass kicked' between your shoulder blades. This dude should spend the remainder of his life behind bars, but probably won't. Seriously, don't get me started...

Long-time USD 313 educators in accident; one dies (hutchpost.com)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• That has more connection to Henry Ruggs than Tyreek Hill.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The officer who initially pursued Tyreek has stated an estimate of 60 mph in a 40 mph zone. Speeding? Yes. Excessive or reckless? Depends on traffic at that moment. How often do we see people driving 15-20 mph over the limit around here?

Was Tyreek being a dick? Yes. Was the one officer being a dick? Yes. Two guys being dicks = dumb **** will happen.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                                Was Tyreek being a dick? Yes. Was the one officer being a dick? Yes. Two guys being dicks = dumb **** will happen.
                                You are generalizing a lot. Tyreek isn’t under as much pressure when stopped for speeding. Policemen are under tremendous pressure. They aren’t all perfect but it seems you expect them to be. Lots of policemen have been assassinated on the past couple of years, but you expect perfection from ALL of them. Perhaps, you should have chosen police work instead of band teaching. I don’t mind that policeman (being Monday morning Quarterbacks) who have lives at risk are second guessed, but I think there are more nuances than you suggest.

Roll down your damn window, Tyreek. There aren’t any lynchings in Florida for many years.

Comment

Working...
                                X