NFL 2023/2024 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sick of this ****

KAKE - Netflix to air NFL games on Christmas Day in major expansion into live sports

Netflix has caught its biggest sports deal yet: the NFL.

The streaming service announced Wednesday a three-year deal to broadcast the league’s Christmas Day games, marking a major milestone for Netflix, whose sports ambitions have largely focused on producing documentaries and creating live specials about golf and tennis.

This deal kicks off this year with Netflix airing globally two NFL games on Christmas. In 2025 and 2026, Netflix will stream “at least one” holiday game. Financial terms of the deal weren’t disclosed.

“There are no live annual events, sports or otherwise, that compare with the audiences NFL football attracts. We’re so excited that the NFL’s Christmas Day games will be only on Netflix,” said Bela Bajaria, Netflix’s chief content officer, in a release.

This year’s Christmas Day games will be revealed Wednesday night on the NFL Network and website. Anchors and commentators for Netflix’s games were also not immediately revealed.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Anybody check out Harrison Butker's commencement speech at Benedictine?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Anybody check out Harrison Butker's commencement speech at Benedictine?
        I loved it! He's now number one on my list.

He nailed it like a split hog!

Here’s Harrison Butker’s Controversial Commencement Speech In Full (forbes.com)
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Well, as expected, the "media" and now earlier today, the NFL, say NYET to Harrison.

He's a homophobe, bigot, misogynist and overall backwards thinking creepy dude that should be cut.

As far as I can tell though, they are taking no stance on Rashee Rice. Good dude.

Comment

• Two completely different things. Rice is a legal issue and they've stated they will wait for that to play out. Police can gather better information than the NFL can in regards to what happened.

Butker said things that go against the leftist ideologies if you twist what he said and take it out of context like they have. The NFL doesn't have to wait for anything in regards to spoken words.

I hate defending the NFL and such, but they're so completely different issues.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'm not Catholic. But I am a big fan of Benedictine (beautiful campus BTW) and a bigger fan of Harrison Butker now.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Cut the crap. There are people who actually die because of their faith (anyone paying to the Middle East these days?). A millionaire athlete who catches some criticism for ultra-conservative comments that he made isn’t persecution. The Chiefs are not going to release him (nor do I think they should), and because of the coverage of this, HB is actually gaining from it because his jersey sales have increased.

Could his comments have been taken out of context? Perhaps. I’m just curious what “diabolical lies” he thinks have been told to women (his words, not mine).

He has a right to his opinion. Others also have a right to their opinion that he came across as a misogynist homophobe.

Let’s just say that I would take extra glee in him having Lin Elliott yips in Week 10 and 18 this upcoming season.

78-65

Comment

• Butker has been a favorite of mine for a while. What he did took guts.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

He has a right to his opinion. Others also have a right to their opinion that he came across as a misogynist homophobe.

homophobe?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

homophobe?
                          From the speech:

“I am certain the reporters at the AP could not have imagined that their attempt to rebuke and embarrass places and people like those here at Benedictine wouldn't be met with anger, but instead met with excitement and pride. Not the deadly sin sort of pride that has an entire month dedicated to it, but the true God-centered pride that is cooperating with the Holy Ghost to glorify him.”
                          78-65

Comment

From the speech:

“I am certain the reporters at the AP could not have imagined that their attempt to rebuke and embarrass places and people like those here at Benedictine wouldn't be met with anger, but instead met with excitement and pride. Not the deadly sin sort of pride that has an entire month dedicated to it, but the true God-centered pride that is cooperating with the Holy Ghost to glorify him.”
                            oh. Biblical

Comment

• BREAKING: Devout Catholic holds traditional Catholic views on gender and marriage that have existed since the creation of the church itself.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Others also have a right to their opinion that he came across as a misogynist homophobe.
                                But they're just a bunch of misandrist heterophobes.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X