NFL 2023/2024 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    What happened was tragic and I hope justice is done. But do we need to fly flags at half staff for a woman who lived in Missouri?
    you know the answer

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      What happened was tragic and I hope justice is done. But do we need to fly flags at half staff for a woman who lived in Missouri?
      Northeast Kansas is essentially Missouri, so yes.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Northeast Kansas is essentially Missouri, so yes.
        I don't know that Missouri would claim it.

Comment

• Chiefs presenting their vision for the future of Arrowhead Stadium. Live now as I'm posting.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Titans to build new stadium.

KAKE - Titans to break ground on new Nissan stadium

A groundbreaking ceremony for the new Nissan Stadium will be held at 2 p.m. in Nashville. The event will feature guest speakers, including Gov. Bill Lee and Nashville Mayor Freddie O’Connell, and opportunities to learn about the new stadium.

The new Nissan stadium will be built on the east side of the current stadium campus, along Nashville’s East Bank. Features of the building include a circular translucent roof; exterior porches with panoramic views of Nashville; improved sightlines; and a 12,000-square-foot community space available for use year-round, the Titans said.

The stadium will be able to hold about 60,000 fans, just under 10,000 fewer than the current Nissan Stadium. The Titans will play on turf rather than grass.
            I'm kind of surprised that they're going with turf, considering how much you hear negatively about it from so many players.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Wonder if it can be used for baseball? Nashville is next for MLB expansion.

Comment

• Doubtful. I don't think anyone wants combo football/baseball stadiums these days.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Officially, the end of an era

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Chiefs Chris Jones signs a 5 year 95 Million dollar guaranteed contract.

Comment

• Nobody understands the "cap"

Comment

• Brett Veach does.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Nm
                          Last edited by Shockm; March 10, 2024, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• A third man, 20, was charged with murder in connection with the shooting that killed a woman and injured nearly two dozen others at the Chiefs' Super Bowl rally.

it's probably Harry Lime

Comment

• ESPN - NFL owners approve massive revamp of kickoff play

NFL owners approved a massive revamp of the kickoff play Tuesday, opting, after three days of discussions at the league's annual meeting, for a format that originated in the XFL.

The proposal passed by a vote of 29-3, NFL competition chairman Rich McKay said Tuesday. A proposal needs approval by 24 of the 32 owners to pass.

"We feel this is a great day for the NFL," New Orleans Saints special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi, who worked closely on the proposal, said Tuesday. "We've taken a play that's essentially been dying over the course of the last few years in our opinion, and we revived it."​

The new alignment rules represent the most significant on-field rule change for the NFL in years and are designed to reverse more than a decade of declining return rates while also lowering concussion rates. In essence, the format will move the majority of the kicking and return teams downfield to minimize high-speed collisions. It will go into effect for one year only in anticipation of possible tweaks over time.

During the 2024 season, kickers will continue to kick from the 35-yard line, but the other 10 players on the kickoff team will line up at the receiving team's 40-yard line. At least nine members of the return team will line up in a "setup zone" between the 35- and 30-yard lines. Up to two returners can line up in a "landing zone" between the goal line and the 20-yard line.

No one other than the kicker and returner(s) can move until the ball hits the ground or hits a player inside the landing zone. Touchbacks will be marked at the 30-yard line, and no fair catches will be allowed. In the event a team wants to attempt an onside kick, it will have to inform officials of its intent and would then be allowed to use the NFL's traditional formation. No surprise onside kicks will be allowed.
                              A couple other rules adopted as well.

On Monday, owners approved three other rule changes:
                              • A prohibition of the swivel hip-drop tackle technique.
                              • Allowing teams to receive a third challenge after one successful challenge. Previously, teams had to be successful on two challenges to receive a third. This proposal was submitted by the Lions.
                              • If there is a double foul during a down in which there is a change or changes of possession, including if one of the fouls is a post-possession foul by a team during a scrimmage kick, the team last gaining possession will keep the ball after enforcement for its foul, provided it did not foul before last gaining possession.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                ESPN - NFL owners approve massive revamp of kickoff play

A couple other rules adopted as well.
                                I'll be curious to see how they define the swivel hip-drop tackle. If it is aimed at the tackles where the defender flings the ball carrier to the ground WWE style, I get banning that. But otherwise they will need to clearly define it. Rugby has recently banned it, and I found this video explaining it.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X