NFL 2023/2024 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Because this country and specifically this new generation of cropdusters have some sort of weird complex with law and order. They feel they can do whatever the **** they want and that somehow the world would be a better place if we lived in an anarchic society. We’ve already seen glimpses of this in the last 4 years and it doesn’t end well. The sense of entitlement and lack of respect displayed by people now is what’s leading to the mess we’re constantly dealing with now.

And yes there are bad cops out there just like there are bad eggs in every single profession (hi tyreek wife-beating thug hill). But this was clearly a case of the citizen acting wrongly first and the cops reacted. It’s not hard to figure out.
    EGG****INGZACTLY.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

If he wants to have any hope of a semi-healthy rest of life, yes. On that play last night, I have no idea why he went head first. He had the first down and should have slid in. I wonder if Hamlin had a little PTSD moment seeing Tua in a state of suffering like that.
      Good question, wouldn't surprise me one bit. Also, very clean hit from Demar and kudos to the secondary defensive guy for recognizing the situation (not necessarily the injury) and not delivering an additional hit. Tua's head snapped so hard, it almost seemed like his ability to take that kind of hit has been compromised over time.

I get the desire to compete, and I freely admit I have no idea what's it's like to be that great at anything competitive, and ultimately, it's Tua's choice whether to continue playing or not. He just seems like a great young man and I don't think any of us want to see him hurt even worse or a vegetable at 40. Hope he's ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I think you should apply. Easy job and probably pays more than what you make now.
        I'd never get hired as I believe in Constitutional rights.

It definitely doesn't pay more.

I don't need a badge to make me feel big and important nor do I have a need to stroke my own ego at every opportunity.

Cops don't get the respect you guys think they deserve because they have consistently hid behind the badge and protected really shitty cops from consequences. I've said many times that if they'd own up to having the bad apples and they fired and legally punished more of those bad cops relations would be a lot better and there's be more trust and respect.

I know a number of cops who I have a great deal of respect for because I know they're good people and they actually uphold the rights of the people and have called out bad actors, even though they aren't in positions to have anything actually done. I know some cops who are complete shitheads and think because they have a badge they can do whatever the **** they want and piss on the Constitution any time it gets in the way of the power they think they hold over everyone simply because they have a badge. One of those cops I actually thought was a good guy until the actions he took last summer proved otherwise. And his Chief was right there supporting and encouraging his shitty actions. They're lucky that the person involved has been a back the blue supporter and didn't want to press charges and instead let the city they work for "handle it" internally. She was told by multiple organizations and lawyers that she had a guaranteed court case and win but chose not to go that route.

And because of her actions, I'm quite certain nothing will change with the chief or his subordinate. Those officers also traumatized two kids in the process of violating the rights of those involved and pissing on their oath to the Constitution. I hate that lawsuits against police don't actually punish those involved or the department and instead just puts more on taxpayers, but until there's more accountability in policing, the distrust and disrespect will remain.

And if police received half of the respect they give, things would be worse in many cases.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I don't need a badge to make me feel big and important nor do I have a need to stroke my own ego at every opportunity.

Cops don't get the respect you guys think they deserve because they have consistently hid behind the badge and protected really shitty cops from consequences. I've said many times that if they'd own up to having the bad apples and they fired and legally punished more of those bad cops relations would be a lot better and there's be more trust and respect.

I know a number of cops who I have a great deal of respect for because I know they're good people and they actually uphold the rights of the people and have called out bad actors, even though they aren't in positions to have anything actually done. I know some cops who are complete shitheads and think because they have a badge they can do whatever the **** they want and piss on the Constitution any time it gets in the way of the power they think they hold over everyone simply because they have a badge. One of those cops I actually thought was a good guy until the actions he took last summer proved otherwise. And his Chief was right there supporting and encouraging his shitty actions. They're lucky that the person involved has been a back the blue supporter and didn't want to press charges and instead let the city they work for "handle it" internally. She was told by multiple organizations and lawyers that she had a guaranteed court case and win but chose not to go that route.

And because of her actions, I'm quite certain nothing will change with the chief or his subordinate. Those officers also traumatized two kids in the process of violating the rights of those involved and pissing on their oath to the Constitution. I hate that lawsuits against police don't actually punish those involved or the department and instead just puts more on taxpayers, but until there's more accountability in policing, the distrust and disrespect will remain.

And if police received half of the respect they give, things would be worse in many cases.
          It appears that you have a low opinion of most policemen, because most of them don't believe in Constitutional rights, and wear a badge to feel important and stoke their ego's. That may not have been what you meant, but it is what you said.

I will agree that unions do a disservice to both police and teachers. Union leaders (that is who runs the unions), and a few more who are very political, sometimes make the good ones look bad. Most teachers and cops are service oriented, and non-political. In fact, the only cops I've known are nice, polite, understanding people, who think of themselves as servants. There have been a couple of times, where I thought that "speed traps" that were set up were not done well, but that isn't a knock on individual cops as much as it probably was leadership, and maybe they thought they had a good reason for them.

Now, I will say that I met an OB-GYN once who was a real crude and unpolite person. I don't see how women put up with him, and exposed their most intimate details to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

And throwing things back you the other way…. Clearly you’ve had a personal experience that has now skewed you against every single member of law enforcement into one giant generalized mud puddle. Because of your personal experience (whatever it is, you can share if you want to) every cop is bad. That’s how you’re coming across.

And you’ve still deflected the main points of the initial discussion. Hill is a loser who thinks he’s ABOVE the law and has MORE rights than others. No disparaging remarks about that saint? Didn’t think so.

Of all people to get behind when they’re already wrong, and you pick a thuggish woman beater. Nice job.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
            X