No announcement yet.

Another one bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This makes me incredibly sad. We’re losing our greatest generation………

Comment

• May he rest in peace. Sounds like he led a very productive and admirable life and was valued contributor to the Shocker community.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 4, 2024, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
        One of the great Shockernet posters of all time, RDR, passed away on Thursday the 29th of Feb. Ricky Del Rio was born in Houston Texas, graduated from Texas A&M in 1958 and came to Wichita in the early 60’s. He worked in the commercial construction industry for Al Caro, Dondlinger and I first met him in 1974 where he was a project manager for the Law Company. We became good friends in the early 90’s and spent countless hours following Shocker baseball and basketball.

R.I.P.
        I think RDR deserves his own thread. He was an original Shockernetter. I think you should start it, JJ.

Comment

• RDR told me one time that he supported WSU athletics because aTm could raise more money in one day than WSU could in a year. Perhaps tongue=-n-cheek but very true. RDR and I traveled to a couple of MoValley tournaments in St Louis which were always an event in themselves. He also didn't seem to care for my style of drivingRest well RDR

Comment

• Chris Mortensen dies at 72

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Chris Mortensen dies at 72
              There was a time when a rumor was just a rumor until Mort confirmed it.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I just saw an email from my church that Carl Hall (baseball) died

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                  I just saw an email from my church that Carl Hall (baseball) died
                  Heart breaking.
                  RIP Carl…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    RDR told me one time that he supported WSU athletics because aTm could raise more money in one day than WSU could in a year. Perhaps tongue=-n-cheek but very true. RDR and I traveled to a couple of MoValley tournaments in St Louis which were always an event in themselves. He also didn't seem to care for my style of drivingRest well RDR
                    I haven't been able to find an obituary for RDR/Dudley. Any ideas?

Comment

• RIP RDR.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

I haven't been able to find an obituary for RDR/Dudley. Any ideas?
                        he passed away on the 29th services are pending, don’t know the status of the obit.

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          He was a big part of the Gold era of WSU baseball. Lots of memories involving taking my kids to the games and letting them chase foul balls. Sitting in front of the old broadcast booth on aluminum bleachers with unlimited future hopes and dreams. So sad to see a part of that passing but glad I was able to bear witness to it. Go Shocks

Comment

• U. L. Washington - Yahoo Search Results

Dies of cancer at age 70.

Comment

• M. Emmet Walsh, 88, character actor. Appeared in 234 movies and different TV shows (over 350 total appearances) as a guest actor (non-regular character). Four of the movies he was in were nominated for Best Picture, 2 won Best Picture.

B9320304828Z.1_20151229181020_000_GGAD0OUR3.1-0a.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                M. Emmet Walsh, 88, character actor. Appeared in 234 movies and different TV shows (over 350 total appearances) as a guest actor (non-regular character). Four of the movies he was in were nominated for Best Picture, 2 won Best Picture.

B9320304828Z.1_20151229181020_000_GGAD0OUR3.1-0a.jpg
                                Will always be remembered for his brilliant portrayal of Dr. Jellyfinger.

Comment

Working...
                                X