No announcement yet.

Another one bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toby and Trace - my top two contemporary country singers !

Comment

• Also, **** CANCER
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        Toby and Trace - my top two contemporary country singers !
        There were a lot of great ones during the 80s and 90s. The only time I listened to a lot of country music.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

There were a lot of great ones during the 80s and 90s. The only time I listened to a lot of country music.
          And WAY before the 80's - I am a big fan of classic country. Haggard and Jones my old timers favorites but many more

Comment

• This definitely hits close to home...

Don't Let the Old man In

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• I was at Grand Lake a couple of years ago and after spending some time at the marina and riding around on a jet ski realized my keys were somewhere about 60' below water. I had a couple of hours to kill and watch a private event being setup nearby while I waited on a locksmith.

The nearby suites and restaurant were blocked off at the point of Monkey Island. Security, food, sound, no expense was spared. There were luxurious large RVs in the parking lot. I was intrigued as to what it could be. A couple of others in the group had taken an Uber ride back and the driver relayed it was Toby's birthday party. The guest list supposedly included Tim and Faith, Garth Brooks, and Kid Rock.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Even more moving.

Toby Keith Performs "Don’t Let the Old Man In" at the 2023 People's Choice Country Awards | NBC (youtube.com)

Comment

• Wow!

Comment

• I will always appreciate his time performing for our guys in uniform. I know how much it means to those young men and women to be acknowledged for their service to Still the Greatest Nation on Earth.

Comment

• This one is local.

KSN - Beloved Wichita Heights AD, Michael Church dies from brain tumor

Many people remember the life of beloved Wichita Heights Athletic Director Michael Church. Church passed away Friday night after battling with a brain tumor more than once over the past two years.

His wife, Laura Church, said he fought courageously, making the most out of each new day, knowing tomorrow was never promised.

“He was just one of a kind, super special, and I think it’s evident by the number of people that care about him,” said Laura.

Laura and their son Kendric accepted an award on Michael’s behalf at the state wrestling championships on Saturday in Park City.

The event is something the Church helped manage for years.

Laura said that even through her late husband’s battle with cancer, Michael remained outgoing.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Bob Coffman passed away. His obituary states he rode a horse to school initially and fished and hunted with his brothers. Attended Emporia State and later became a coach at multiple schools before being a football coach at North High where I first met him. From my perspective Coach was a good man and a good football coach. He later became the Athletic Director at NW. He joins several former North High coaches like Coach Joe Lee and Coach Maurice Hendershot that have passed the last several years. They were all good leaders of young men. RIP

Comment

• One of the great Shockernet posters of all time, RDR, passed away on Thursday the 29th of Feb. Ricky Del Rio was born in Houston Texas, graduated from Texas A&M in 1958 and came to Wichita in the early 60’s. He worked in the commercial construction industry for Al Caro, Dondlinger and I first met him in 1974 where he was a project manager for the Law Company. We became good friends in the early 90’s and spent countless hours following Shocker baseball and basketball.

R.I.P.
                            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                              One of the great Shockernet posters of all time, RDR, passed away on Thursday the 29th of Feb. Ricky Del Rio was born in Houston Texas, graduated from Texas A&M in 1958 and came to Wichita in the early 60’s. He worked in the commercial construction industry for Al Caro, Dondlinger and I first met him in 1974 where he was a project manager for the Law Company. We became good friends in the early 90’s and spent countless hours following Shocker baseball and basketball.

R.I.P.
                              Ricky was a good egg and will be missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                                One of the great Shockernet posters of all time, RDR, passed away on Thursday the 29th of Feb. Ricky Del Rio was born in Houston Texas, graduated from Texas A&M in 1958 and came to Wichita in the early 60’s. He worked in the commercial construction industry for Al Caro, Dondlinger and I first met him in 1974 where he was a project manager for the Law Company. We became good friends in the early 90’s and spent countless hours following Shocker baseball and basketball.

R.I.P.
                                Aww that's a heart breaker. RDR was a great member of the Shockernet community and as WstateU said, he will be missed.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X