Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletch Meets DR Jelly Finger - Fletch. Remastered [HD] - YouTube

Comment

• Never in a million years would I have been able to pull his name, but dude was in a lot of stuff and definitely has a face you should recognize.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• He hates these cans!

Comment

• RIP Louis Gossett, Jr.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            RIP Louis Gossett, Jr.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Always loved Chappy. He also had a role for a season or two of one of my favorite TV shows, Stargate: SG1.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

One of the great classics. How this didn't win an Oscar I'll never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

One of the great classics. How this didn't win an Oscar I'll never know.

You just broke my meter.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

You just broke my meter.
                    Guess that’s one of the ‘classics’ I missed.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• You're kidding, right?

Comment

• Lieutenant Commander Lou Conter, Last Survivor of the USS Arizona, Passes Away Aged 102

https://redstate.com/wardclark/2024/...d-102-n2172206

The Arizona lost 1,177 sailors and Marines in the 1941 attack that launched the United States into World War II. The battleship’s dead account for nearly half of those killed in the attack.

Conter was a quartermaster, standing on the main deck of the Arizona as Japanese planes flew overhead at 7:55 a.m. on Dec. 7 that year. Sailors were just beginning to hoist colors or raise the flag when the assault began.

Conter recalled how one bomb penetrated steel decks 13 minutes into the battle and set off more than 1 million pounds (450,000 kilograms) of gunpowder stored below.

Conter went to flight school after Pearl Harbor, earning his wings to fly PBY patrol bombers, which the Navy used to look for submarines and bomb enemy targets. He flew 200 combat missions in the Pacific with a “Black Cats” squadron, which conducted dive bombing at night in planes painted black.

In 1943, he and his crew where shot down in waters near New Guinea and had to avoid sharks. A sailor expressed doubt they would survive, to which Conter replied, “baloney.”

“Don’t ever panic in any situation. Survive is the first thing you tell them. Don’t panic or you’re dead,” he said. They were quiet and treaded water until another plane came hours later and dropped them a lifeboat.

In the late 1950s, he was made the Navy’s first SERE officer — an acronym for survival, evasion, resistance and escape. He spent the next decade training Navy pilots and crew on how to survive if they’re shot down in the jungle and captured as a prisoner of war. Some of his pupils used his lessons as POWs in Vietnam.

Conter retired in 1967 after 28 years in the Navy.

Comment

• What a stud!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Just figured it needed to be shared, but OJ Simpson passed away at 76. Cancer.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Just figured it needed to be shared, but OJ Simpson passed away at 76. Cancer.
                              Just an important public service reminder.

What’s the Recommended Age for a Prostate Exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Just an important public service reminder.

What’s the Recommended Age for a Prostate Exam?

https://www.healthline.com/health/me...-prostate-exam
                                The PSA test is easy. The DRE is, well...

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X