No announcement yet.

Dogs, We Don't Deserve Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog That Won't Stop Digging Saves Entire Neighborhood After They Find Dangerous Gas Leak Underground

It would have made front-page news around the country: a quiet Philadelphia neighborhood exploding suddenly into flames days before Christmas; but because of a clever dog with a heck of a nose, it’s only making news here on GNN.

A disastrous gas leak was detected underground by Kobe, a 4-year-old husky owned by Chanell Bell, who trusted her intuition and listened to Kobe’s warnings.

Having moved into the home rather recently, Bell noticed Kobe was digging in the same spot in the yard hour after hour. She didn’t think much of it as he is an avid digger when the need arises, but as it got larger and larger, she took notice.

“I trust his judgment because that isn’t his typical behavior,” she said. “He has great senses and he never digs holes unless he is helping me dig; I knew something was up.”

Chanell had had a gas leak in the house earlier in December, and seeing that the hole went under the sidewalk, she “trusted her intuition” to take out her gas detection device.

Immediately, the reading detected gas.

Not just gas, but a potentially cataclysmic amount of gas.

Chanell alerted authorities who informed her that if Kobe hadn’t detected the leak when he did on December 21, the consequences could have been fatal.

“We were told it could’ve caused serious health effects like respiratory issues, brain damage, and even death. They told me that something as simple as a light switch turning on could’ve caused an explosion too!” she said.
    Video at the bottom.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This guy might deserve his dog after this.

Man Wrestles Coyote To Save His Dog, Carries It By The Tail And Drops It In A Dumpster

Today's good news story comes from Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.

In a heartwarming display of courage and love for his furry companion, Timothy Snipe rescued his small Chihuahua, Roxie, from the clutches of a coyote in his backyard.

The incident unfolded as Snipe and Roxie were enjoying some outdoor time in their fenced-in backyard. Suddenly, Roxie's barks alerted Snipe to a potential danger lurking near the woods. Without hesitation, Snipe rushed to investigate and discovered a coyote threatening his beloved pet.

Snipe sprang into action and bravely wrestled with the coyote, managing to gain control over the wild animal. He seized the coyote by its tail and promptly deposited it into a large garbage bin.

"He was trying to get out for a while, then he realized there was garbage in there, so he settled down." Snipe told the local news station.

However, Snipe's act of bravery came at a cost – he was bitten during the struggle and subsequently had to undergo nine rabies shots. Despite the physical toll, Snipe remains unwavering in his commitment to Roxie's safety. "Even if I got bit and got rabies, it's something I know I can get treated for. But if she had got bit, it was over," he explained.

When questioned about whether the risks were worth it, Snipe's response was immediate: "Absolutely. Roxie is a part of my family. I'd do anything to protect her."
      First, what kind of idiot actually asks if it was worth it? If you're not willing to protect your family, you don't deserve it.

Second, there's a one minute news clip with video of the save at the bottom of the article.

Third, Chihuahua's are barely dogs.

Fourth, I can't tell you how many times I've played through scenarios like this in my own mind.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Video of Dog Rescuing a Drowning Fawn Goes Viral via Surprising Twitter Account (WATCH)

When followers of an X (Twitter) account called “Animals Dying” saw a video of a dark shape swimming through muddy water with a deer fawn in its jaws, most probably weren’t tuning in for a happy ending.

But they were in for a heartwarming surprise, because even though at stages the beast in the grainy video appears like an alligator, it soon shows itself to be a floppy-go-lucky labrador retriever.

As for the little fawn stuck between its jaws, it was drowning, and the retriever saved its life.

The owner of the dog can be heard behind the camera praising it for the heroic save.

Surprisingly, the video was shared by the owner of the account with the caption, “Made My Day.”

One commenter wrote, “Who thought it was a crocodile?” after the video made it to social media.
        Video in link.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

3-Legged Dog Cured of Cancer by Breakthrough FDA-Approved Treatment With 87% Success Rate

A 3-legged American pit bull with a heart of gold and sweet disposition captured the hearts of Alicia and Andrew Alderson when they adopted her in 2017.

“It was absolutely love at first sight—she ran into our arms.”

But their journey took an unexpected turn when last year they discovered a 3-centimeter growth on Annabel Lee’s rear left leg—a mast cell tumor.

Traditional surgical options were ruled out due to the eight-year-old’s unique circumstance of already having only three legs. Luckily, a drug approved by the FDA three years ago has been transforming mast cell tumor treatment, and was a perfect fit for the Virginia family.

Dr. Emily Moser, at Town and Country Veterinarians and Pet Resort in Gainesville, said Annabel Lee was an ideal candidate for Stelfonta.

“It’s really cool for cases like hers when surgery is not an option,” Moser explains.

Stelfonta was specifically designed to target mast cell tumors in dogs. It induces necrosis within the tumor while promoting rapid healing of the affected site—all with minimal scarring and a response from 87 percent of pups having complete tumor resolution.
          I wish we had more FDA approved options for a variety of issues relating to our dogs. I know I had to say goodbye to one of mine a few years ago because something that would be insanely simple and common to help a human isn't approved for use on dogs. That simple solution could have given me a few more years with my best friend, but the vet didn't have the option and we only had the hail mary route which did not work.

The vet felt bad as she believed it would be a rather simple procedure with animals, but the government simply will not approve it for some reason. Hopefully that changes in the future and we continue to see breakthroughs in other avenues of pet health.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Then here we have a story of resilience.

Missing Dog Spotted On Trail Cam Nearly 1 Year After Avalanche Separated Him From Owner

Today's good news story comes from Marble, Colorado.

In a heartwarming turn of events, a trail camera in Colorado has captured the incredible journey of a missing dog named Ullr, who managed to survive 11 months alone in the wilderness following a tragic avalanche that separated him from his owner.

Jacob Dalbey, Ullr's owner, received the long-awaited confirmation of his beloved Border Collie Rottweiler mix's survival through photos captured on Saturday and Sunday by a trail camera set up by a team of canine tracking experts he had employed. Dalbey expressed his overwhelming joy and gratitude on a GoFundMe page where he shared the remarkable news.

"After 341 days, 11 months to the day of setting up trail cameras/food and moving them around in hopes of luring Ullr into one to finally get confirmation of what I have known all along, it has happened," Dalbey shared with the online community.

"To all of you, friends and supporters of Ullr (and me), I want to thank you so much. Knowing you believe in us really means a lot, even when I don't say it. It has been extremely difficult to say the least. Your support has made it possible to keep searching for Ullr over the last 11+ months," he added.

The GoFundMe page, launched by a friend, Deborah Wieker, explained that Dalbey, currently unable to work due to injuries sustained during the avalanche, faces a significant financial burden with unplanned medical bills. The funds raised will help cover the expenses of the tracker that played a crucial role in Ullr's discovery.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Dog Named Hero Saves Owner's Life for Days, Fighting Off Cold and Coyotes and Getting Help

An Akita named ‘Hero’ saved his owner’s life last week in an incredible tale of loyalty and resilience that saw him remain by his side through two frigid Alberta nights, fend off coyotes, and eventually alert rescuers.

Winning plaudits for his name and deed the world over, a GoFundMe raised $3,000 to cover the veterinary bills of Hero by the shelter that is keeping him safe and warm while his owner recovers.

The story began with an attack: when a passerby named Curtis Dahl was walking in a field of mud and grass near the sugar factory in the town of Taber, and Hero came running up and bit his dog around the neck.

Dahl claims he tussled with Hero for ten minutes trying to get him off his dog, and needed stitches on his finger by the end of it.

Calling police and animal services with a complaint, he alerted them to Hero’s presence, but when the officers arrived and saw Hero lying down exhausted near a terraced plot of grass and weeds near the road, they suddenly heard a cry for help.

Arriving, they found a 61-year-old man on his back in a ditch, shivering and unable to move. He told police he’d been stuck there for two days while Hero protected him.

While the man was taken to a hospital, Hero was taken to Taber Lost Paws Society, an animal shelter that has a special program to look after dogs during periods of crisis or injury. As it happened, the society’s acting president Alana McPhee said they had an employee who was the injured man’s neighbor and knew that he had another Akita dog named Tora.
              There's a two minute video at the bottom of the article if interested.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I ****ing love dogs.

Newfoundland Hero: Dog Saves Drowning Golden Retriever

Today's good news story comes from the the Isle of Man.

A Newfoundland dog has emerged as a hero after playing a crucial role in the rescue of a struggling Golden Retriever from the waters of Douglas inner Harbor.

The Douglas Coastguard Rescue Team shared the remarkable story, detailing how a member of the public stumbled upon a distressed Newfoundland dog at the Tongue in Douglas inner Harbor. Sensing urgency in the Newfoundland's behavior, the individual soon realized the cause of the dog's distress—a white Retriever struggling in the water.

The quick-thinking bystander immediately alerted the Coastguard and sprang into action.

"The member of the public quickly raised the alarm for the Coastguard to be called, he then went down onto a boat in the Harbour and was able to grab hold of the dog as he was going down the Harbour in the flow of the river, at this point the dog was starting to go under so was lucky to be saved," Douglas Coastguard shared.

The Coastguard, upon arrival, seamlessly continued the rescue operation, ensuring the safety of both the rescued dog and the courageous bystander.

Following the successful rescue, both dogs were reunited at the Coastguard station while awaiting the arrival of the authorities to locate their owner.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                X