MLB 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
    Here's a cool video from the Mets. They had the guy who plays Edwin Diaz's song when he comes in from the bullpen play the song live the other night. Mr and Mrs Met even got in on the action :)

That's cool as heck; almost as good as this one...

Gotta be one of the all-time best sports movie scenes...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Is it too soon to say that Albert Pujols just might NOT retire after this season?

Today, he hit his 16th HR with a total of 43 RBIs, hitting .273 in only 232 at bats. For a full-time player, that would be over 30 HRs and 100 RBIs in a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Is it too soon to say that Albert Pujols just might NOT retire after this season?

Today, he hit his 16th HR with a total of 43 RBIs, hitting .273 in only 232 at bats. For a full-time player, that would be over 30 HRs and 100 RBIs in a season.
        I want him to get 700. If that is this year, tough go but possible, or next. I just really like Albert.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

• The Royals fired Dayton Moore on Wednesday. He was with the Royals for 16 years and was the general manager. He'll mainly be known for turning the Royals around and winning a 2nd World Series, but the Royals have been stuck in a rut ever since and finishing 4th or 5th in the AL West on a regular basis. It'll be interesting to see if some coaching changes follow.
          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Aaron Judge is on a tear and may get the rare triple crown of leading the league in batting average, home runs, and rbi's. He has a big lead in homers and rbi's, but has some close competition for leading in batting average. The last triple crown winner was Miguel Cabrera in 2012, and before that Carl Yastrzemski in 1967, so it doesn't happen often.

Comment

• I'm wondering if his reluctance to part ways with the pitching coach and Matheny played a part in this. Eldred should have been gone a few years ago as he's done nothing positive.

The Royals have been waiting for the next wave of youth to be ready, much like they did for the last run, and they're finally there. I was actually looking forward to seeing what Moore was going to do this off-season to plug in the holes to set them up. Guess that's not going to happen now. I still hope Eldred and Matheny get the boot. Replacing them has to be the higher priority.

Moore has been nothing but class and an overall positive to the Royals organization. I get them letting him go, but I still don't actually agree with it. Some fans want the Royals to constantly throw money around and Moore was generally more calculated in his approach and didn't really throw money around until they were ready to compete. Otherwise, it's an absolute waste of funds for an organization that doesn't have a lot to waste. But had he thrown money at guys before the Royals were ready, he'd be criticized for that as well.

New ownership seems more concerned with the controversial move to downtown than anything else, which also isn't sitting well with a lot of the fan base. It's going to be interesting.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The Royals need a systemic change in their pitcher development. They are way behind the rest of the league in using analytics and adapting that to each pitcher. I too think Cal Eldred should have been gone years ago. Unless they change how the entire system operates, it won't matter much who the pitching coach is. Matheny should go as well.
                Go Shocks!

Comment

• It's been interesting to read some of the national articles out there about the Royals. Sounds like the new owner likes data driven analytics and will push that and may bring in someone from the Cleveland Guardians organization, which was the last organization he was involved with prior to being the main owner of the Royals. Most of them pointed out how the Royals have been good at developing position players but have been really bad at developing pitchers. It always bugged me how they always seemed to pick up veteran pitchers who were let go from other teams to try to solve pitching woes. The fact that other teams let the pitchers go didn't seem to matter, but usually the pitcher was just as bad with the Royals. Hopefully there are quite a few changes in the coaching areas. I wouldn't be surprised if they told Moore to fire Matheny and others after the season is over and he didn't want to and was fired first.

Comment

• Cardinals minor leaguer rounds the bases like he hit a home run when it was a fly out...

St. Louis Cardinals minor league infielder Delvin Perez thought he hit a home run Thursday night, rounding the bases before realizing that he had flied out to left field.

Comment

• If you want to see some good baseball, check out this Padres / Dodgers series. Both games have been entertaining but lasts nights game might have been one of the best playoff baseball games I have seen in a LONG time. Granted, as a Padres fan, I will admit some bias.

These two teams have a very under the radar rivalry. There is no love loss.

Comment

• There is something more "troubling" than that with this article.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...7bfb1ff7ee03a8

There is something more "troubling" than that with this article.
                          It's mildly interesting, that's all. I noticed in the Yankees-Indians series. The Yanks had 3 American blacks on the field, and 3 American whites. Cleveland had 2 white guys and 1 black guy. Tons of Latinos, primarily Dominicans.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

It's mildly interesting, that's all. I noticed in the Yankees-Indians series. The Yanks had 3 American blacks on the field, and 3 American whites. Cleveland had 2 white guys and 1 black guy. Tons of Latinos, primarily Dominicans.
                            A lot of this is because American youth are turning to other sports like football and basketball, provided that they don’t quit because they play more video games and play outside less.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

BINGO!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

A lot of this is because American youth are turning to other sports like football and basketball, provided that they don’t quit because they play more video games and play outside less.
                                Sorry Shockm , but whether this is true or false, means nothing to those who pull this kind of reporting out of their arse.

Comment

Working...
                                X