No announcement yet.

MLB 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the final trades was the Royals sending Cam Gallagher to the Padres. Not a surprise really since KC has Melendez as a backup for Perez now. CBS has a good site that shows all the trades and those involved and their positions at https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2...et-joey-gallo/
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
      Big day in MLB as it's trade deadline day. Clubs have until 5 pm central time to do trades. Here are some of the more interesting trades so far today:

Juan Soto - the #1 trade target has been traded from the Nationals to the Padres

Eric Hosmer - has been traded from the Padres to the Red Sox (that means he'll be at the K later this week with the Red Sox), Hosmer was mentioned as possibly being traded to the Nats as part of the Soto trade, but he could veto certain teams to be traded to and the Nats were one of them

Joey Gallo - traded from the Yankees to the Dodgers, been struggling offensively and the Yankees picked up Benintendi from the Royals last week to replace him, will be interesting to see if he can do better in LA

Rumors are that pitches Barlow, Staumont, and Keller from the Royals may be on the trading block, along with position players Dozier, Merrifield, and Taylor. Some thought Zach Greinke would be traded but it looks like KC isn't interested in trading him.
      BEYOND stoked to have both Soto and Bell as Padres. Can't believe they actually pulled it off. I don't even care that the Pads gave up a truckload. Prospects are just that, prospects. You don't know what you are eventually going to get from them but it is a safe bet to say that none of them will be Juan Soto. You have to take advantage of the position you are in now.

Hosmer has been a lightning rod with Padres fans pretty much the whole time he has been here. Not so much off the field as he is well regarded as a great clubhouse guy. He just has never performed how most have wanted. He didn't do himself any favors yesterday. He veto'd the trade to Washington (which he has every right to do) and because of that the Padres sent Luke Voit (fan favorite) to the Nats. I personally have no issued with Hos and wish him well in Boston but the majority of fans here are ecstatic that he and his contract are gone and pissed about how he exited. Like I said it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Padres also added all-star closer Hader and utility guy Drury from the Reds.

I am REALLY looking forward to the next two months and hopefully my Padres can make a run at a WS. Would be amazing!

Check out this projected lineup once Tatis is back in a few weeks:

1. Cronenworth
      2. Tatis
      3. Soto
      4. Machado
      5. Josh Bell
      6. Myers
      7. Profar
      8. Nola / Alfaro
      9. Grisham

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

I had always liked Whit, until the vaccination comment. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

​​​
        How dumb do the Blue Jays have to be to trade for a guy that can't play in their home stadium.

Comment

• Also really sad to hear of the passing of Vin Scully. Truly the goat and one of a kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

How dumb do the Blue Jays have to be to trade for a guy that can't play in their home stadium.
            One would think they had discussions with Whit about this before trading for him. Or maybe they just went off what he said when he didn't go to Toronto before the All Star break. I dont know either way. He is their problem now.
            Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Also really sad to hear of the passing of Vin Scully. Truly the goat and one of a kind.
              Truly sad. A guy that was always a joy to listen to. A legend.
              Go Shocks!

Comment

Truly sad. A guy that was always a joy to listen to. A legend.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Vin’s final sign off. So so great!

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

I had always liked Whit, until the vaccination comment. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

​​​
                    But why do professional athletes (actually most younger healthier people) need the vaccine. It doesn't completely inoculate them. They've probably already had the virus by now, so natural immunity which is more effective has kicked in. Even if they get the new variant, it no longer attacks the lungs like before. The current virus remains in the upper respiratory region, and therefore is less dangerous. The vaccine has a better chance of giving a person a side effect than the chances of that person getting seriously ill from the virus, especially if they are young.

The CDC even overrode their committee which recommends emergency usage (of things like the vaccine). The committee voted down 11-2 the recommendation to give it to young children, including babies, and the CDC still overrode them, and is giving the vaccine to babies as young as 0-5 months.

While the variant still can cause complications in older people, those who are immuno-compromised, and those who have co-morbidities, healthy children and babies do not need the vaccine in almost all cases. They will develop their own immunities. We no longer require a vaccine for the flu, and the flu is just as dangerous as the current variants.

Excuse the extended comment, but our government sometimes makes no sense, and Covid has become politicized too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

But why do professional athletes (actually most younger healthier people) need the vaccine. It doesn't completely inoculate them. They've probably already had the virus by now, so natural immunity which is more effective has kicked in. Even if they get the new variant, it no longer attacks the lungs like before. The current virus remains in the upper respiratory region, and therefore is less dangerous. The vaccine has a better chance of giving a person a side effect than the chances of that person getting seriously ill from the virus, especially if they are young.

The CDC even overrode their committee which recommends emergency usage (of things like the vaccine). The committee voted down 11-2 the recommendation to give it to young children, including babies, and the CDC still overrode them, and is giving the vaccine to babies as young as 0-5 months.

While the variant still can cause complications in older people, those who are immuno-compromised, and those who have co-morbidities, healthy children and babies do not need the vaccine in almost all cases. They will develop their own immunities. We no longer require a vaccine for the flu, and the flu is just as dangerous as the current variants.

Excuse the extended comment, but our government sometimes makes no sense, and Covid has become politicized too much.
                      I guess i wasnt very clear. I could care less whether Whit or anyone else is vaccinated or not. I am not a vaccination nazi. My issue was that he in essence told his team that they werent good enough for him to worry about getting the vaccination. His quote was that if he was on a contending team he would consider getting the vaccination, but was ok not getting it for this team. He was supposedly a team leader. To me, leaders dont say things like that. When given the chance to soften or explain his statement he pretty much doubled down. I was highly disappointed in his words, not necessarily his actions.

This was purely a baseball issue for me, nothing else.
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

• Comment

• Fernado Tatis, Jr, who was just preparing to come off an injury to his wrist that has kept him from playing this season, just saw the rest of his season (and some of next) gone to a suspension.

San Diego Padres star Fernando Tatis Jr. suspended 80 games after testing positive for PED (espn.com)

Comment

• Tonight, Albert Pujols set a major league record by hitting a homer off his 450th different major league pitcher.

Sidenote: While Albert's number of games played has decreased over the last few years, his current On Base %, Slugging %, and, thus, OPS (on baes % + slugging) is the highest since 2011, his last year with the Cardinals before going to the Angels.

Comment

• I was privileged to see Albert play in KC a couple of years ago with the Angels. He couldn't conjure the former magic all the time, but when he came to bat with runners in scoring position, the difference in him was visible from the third deck. He was locked in. At the time he was hitting about .230, but had 55 rbis. He would have been leading the Royals at that time. It was amazing to see even a glimpse of his former greatness.
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Here's a cool video from the Mets. They had the guy who plays Edwin Diaz's song when he comes in from the bullpen play the song live the other night. Mr and Mrs Met even got in on the action :)

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X