No announcement yet.

MLB 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During a blowout game, the Nat's had a utility player pitching the 8th and he hit the Braves batter with a 52 mph pitch. The Braves player decided to have some fun with it - https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1514265061036015622

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Giants coach Antoan Richardson, whose ejection led to Alyssa Nakken's historic debut, has accused Padres coach Mike Shildt of yelling an expletive at him that "reeked undertones of racism."

Seriously?? Being called an MF'er is now racist?? Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ertones-racism

Seriously?? Being called an MF'er is now racist?? Ridiculous.
        Wrong, but being called "that MF'er" does have racist undertones. Read the article. When the coach shouted "You need too control that MF'er" that starts sliding into the area of "property."

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Wrong, but being called "that MF'er" does have racist undertones. Read the article. When the coach shouted "You need too control that MF'er" that starts sliding into the area of "property."
          I read it and it was hogwash. The only person playing the race card was the coach b*tching about it.

I'm assuming the coach was yelling at the other team's manager to control his coach.

Therefore, if you're a subordinate AND black, that's sliding into the area of "property", but if you are any other race or nationality it is not. How would it be looked at if the manager was also black?

Comment

I've seen and heard people of every race referred to as "That M'fer". And to say it's racist is nonsense. It's usually more in reference to anyone that is acting out of control.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

BS. The race card is being perpetuated by Richardson. It has nothing to do with race. I've been told several times in various situations as a manager, etc. to control that employee, person, etc. Nothing race related about it. It's nonsense.

Comment

Show me a study that proves Black guys **** their mothers more than white guys **** their mothers and maybe there would be some basis, I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Show me a study that proves Black guys **** their mothers more than white guys **** their mothers and maybe there would be some basis, I dunno.
                  I am sure you could get a government grant to study that...

Comment

Clayton Kershaw went perfect through 7, having struck out 13 guys on only 80 pitches. However, with his injury history, the Dodgers didn’t let him push it, pulling him from the game.

If Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, or Bob Gibson had been in that situation, someone would have died if a pitching change was made.
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      Clayton Kershaw went perfect through 7, having struck out 13 guys on only 80 pitches. However, with his injury history, the Dodgers didn’t let him push it, pulling him from the game.

If Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, or Bob Gibson had been in that situation, someone would have died if a pitching change was made.
                      With those 3 guys, maybe. It's April, and Dave Roberts is paid to win games the entire season. Roberts had a lot of balls to make the smart decision.

Comment

I agree. Pulling him after 7 was his only way out of a bad situation. If Roberts let's him pitch the 8th and he is still perfect, what then? Much harder to go to the bullpen. Roberts is managing for 162 games and the post season. Blowing up your ace in April on his 2nd start is not the way to think long term.

That said, Nolan Ryan would NOT have come out of that game!
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

I see it both ways. But I will say with the state of the Dodgers pitching staff, I think they are trying to limit potential for injuries.

Comment

A side note on the Giants coach who was tossed the other night - his replacement as the first base coach was Alyssa Nakken, who is the first woman to be an on field coach in the MLB regular season. She's been in the Giants organization since 2014 and joined the coaching staff in 2020 and coached first base during an exhibition game in July 2020, but the other night was the first time she coached on field during the regular season.

Comment

The group that owns the place used for the Field of Dreams movie wants to add more fields and turn it into a baseball and softball complex - https://twitter.com/WHO13news/status...52611361873923

Here's the link to the article the tweet links out to - https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...bs/7303588001/

Comment

A grounder up the middle turns into a 3 run inside the park homer after the outfielders misplay it - https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1514661975632101381

Comment

Working...
                                X