No announcement yet.

General News in the 316

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing is on strike. Apparently 96% voted to strike. How will this impact Spirit and Wichita?

I don't know all of the details, but a 25% pay increase over 4 years sounds pretty damn good. But apparently the union wanted 40%.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I think I heard Boeing hasn't turned a profit since 2008 (around the time of the last contract dispute). Some things are just really, really hard to wrap your head around in today's world.

Comment

• KSNT - Harlem Globetrotters coming to Topeka, Salina and Wichita

A basketball team known for its on-the-court antics, dunks and tricks is due to visit Kansas next year.

The Harlem Globetrotters will be holding three shows in Topeka, Salina and Wichita during the month of March at local event centers. Tickets for each show go on sale in September 2024.
        ​.....
        Wichita
        • INTRUST Bank Arena at 500 East Waterman.
        • Starts at 3 p.m. on Sunday, March 30.
        • Tickets on sale at 10 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 30.
        • Ticket link.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Weekend travel closures along the North Junction.

KSN - Parts of I-135 at Wichita's north junction to close this weekend

Parts of Interstate 135 at Wichita’s north junction will close for the next two weekends. The work will happen between the Interstate 235, Kansas Highway 254 junction and the Kansas Highway 96 junction. It will impact both northbound and southbound lanes of traffic.

The Kansas Department of Transportation says the closure is necessary to install girders for a bridge project. The first closure will occur from 5 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, to late Sunday, Sept. 22.

Northbound I-135 motorists can exit onto eastbound K-96. Drivers on westbound K-96 will be allowed to northbound I-135.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Much like with K-254, KDOT will be holding meetings for K-15.

KWCH - KDOT holding open house on K-15 improvements

On Wednesday night, you’ll be able to learn about the Kansas Department of Transportation’s plans for possible improvements to K-15 between Wichita and Derby.

KDOT is studying K-15 from 95th Street South in to I-135 in Wichita. They’re looking to improve the highway through south Wichita and Derby. You’ll be able to learn more about their plans during a public meeting Wednesday from 4-6 p.m. at The Venue in Derby’s Madison Avenue Central Park. That’s at 512 East Madison Avenue.

You’ll be able to review early data from KDOT’s study of K-15 and provide your own input to KDOT staff. There will be no formal presentation, so you can come and go as you please.

J.B. Wilson of KDOT explained how public feedback will be used.
            If it's anything like 254, improvements will begin in about 25 years
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• MSN - Great Plains Renaissance Festival returns next weekend

Huzzah! The Fall Great Plains Renaissance and Scottish Festival is returning to Wichita next weekend.

The festival will be held at Sedgwick County Park on Sept. 28 and 29 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Don’t miss out on the turkey legs, jousts, jests, fairies, pirates, Vikings, bagpipes, knights, magicians, fire breathers, falconry, kings, queens, dancers, daredevils, and the 10-foot tall fully animatronic dragon known as Ragnar.

“He is flying into the Great Plains Renaissance and Scottish Festival! Hear his fearsome roar as his head, neck, tail and wings move as our majestic dragon comes to life. Our team has worked hard to create this magical creature to thrill young and old alike,” said the Great Plains Renaissance Festival in a news release.

The festival will also again host the Wichita Highland Games and the International Highland Games Federation All-American Men’s Championship.
              I've always wanted to check this out, but still haven't.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• KAKE - Drone Light Festival returns to Exploration Place this weekend

The night sky over downtown Wichita will become a canvas this weekend, as the Drone Light Festival returns to Exploration Place.

Now in its third year, the Festival will run from September 20-22. The festival will mark the grand opening of the new Wichita Foundation Amphitheater and an all-new event plaza at Exploration Place.

The main event will feature a display of 300 synchronized drones, choreographed to music in the sky above the Arkansas River. The festival also includes candlelight performances in the amphitheater, free laser shows in the dome theater, free live science shows, food trucks and access to Exploration Place exhibits.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                X