X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

If it's like other new developments popping up around the outskirts of Wichita, it's a bunch of duplexes. There's a development just south of there called Fox Creek - https://icttownhomes.com/fox-creek (one of them for sale - https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...51713026_zpid/) - and your "house" is half of a duplex and most are thin with the garage in the front, no side lawn, and very small backyard. Goddard has a bunch of them now too, as well as Valley Center and Bel Aire. Some of the developments are rentals and some where you have to buy. Hopefully anyone thinking of buying one of those duplexes maybe rents in one first to see if they like sharing a building with a neighbor and having very little outside space.
    Personally, I'd never consider a duplex or any variation thereof. I will say that there are people who do not want a lot of lawn to maintain and I can respect that. Myself being a dog owner there is absolutely no way I would ever put myself in a situation where they didn't have plenty of room to run around and enjoy outside. I pretty much hate my current house as it's old and small and doesn't allow me to do things I'd like to do. The positives are it was cheap when I bought it as I purchased it from a family member who just wanted what they spent on it. They also purchased it from another family member, and it has a good sized back yard that the dogs love.

I do have a friend that lived in a duplex after his divorce and he said it actually wasn't that bad. We had a lot of get togethers over there for Chiefs/Shockers/UFC and never had any issues with the neighbor and she never seemed to have an issue with us. So apparently they're not all bad. I can't speak to how these will be constructed, but it does give another living option for those that want to rent or own.

Leave a comment:

• AndShock
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

15 years for cutting down a statue to melt; but only 2 1/2 years for being a public nuisance, evading police and ultimately killing someone in a hit and run.

What the heck is wrong with our judges and district attorney's office?
    $$$$ is the only thing that matters when it comes to “criminal justice”. I could go on a big rant but the tl;dr is that if you can afford a good lawyer nothing that bad will ever happen to you. If you can’t, you will get screwed if you commit any criminal offense no matter how minor. Most people appearing for a municipal court case don’t even have a lawyer at their appearances.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post

Lots of money, his father is a M.D., https://www.statcareks.com/meet-the-providers, I bet he is real proud of the f*****g moron he raised.
    Well his kid had been doing a good job of sending him customers until he went a little too far. Just needs to dial it back a bit, and only cause "accidents".

Leave a comment:

• JJClamdip
    replied

15 years for cutting down a statue to melt; but only 2 1/2 years for being a public nuisance, evading police and ultimately killing someone in a hit and run.

Lots of money, his father is a M.D., https://www.statcareks.com/meet-the-providers, I bet he is real proud of the f*****g moron he raised.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Lasso's Neighbor
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Maize is set to grow a bit more.

WBJ - Wichita developer to break ground on 40-acre Maize development

It's pretty sad that entry-level housing these days starts at nearly a quarter million dollars. I own a home I was able to purchase a number of years ago. I'd like to upgrade, but housing prices are so our of whack right now that I can't afford to buy anything that doesn't need a lot of work done. I joke that I need to get married so I would have access to a second income in able to afford a home.

With that said, the area needs homes and there will be people that can afford them. I doubt many will be entering the home owners market for the first time.

I need to reach out to my contacts about the housing development being planned in my hometown. Those are supposed to be affordable but not cheap and I can't remember if I heard an expected starting price for them or not. I do know about a year ago or so I read something from a developer that due to the cost of materials and labor, it's nearly impossible to construct a new home for under $200K unless you're doing the bare minimum. Even then, I believe the developer said you'd still be looking at $180K or so.

If it's like other new developments popping up around the outskirts of Wichita, it's a bunch of duplexes. There's a development just south of there called Fox Creek - https://icttownhomes.com/fox-creek (one of them for sale - https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...51713026_zpid/) - and your "house" is half of a duplex and most are thin with the garage in the front, no side lawn, and very small backyard. Goddard has a bunch of them now too, as well as Valley Center and Bel Aire. Some of the developments are rentals and some where you have to buy. Hopefully anyone thinking of buying one of those duplexes maybe rents in one first to see if they like sharing a building with a neighbor and having very little outside space.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Lasso's Neighbor
    replied
    I have a feeling the 15 year sentence was part of a deal initially. Probably along the lines of here's what you'll get unless you tell us the names of the other people with you that night. I don't think anyone else was convicted, so he must not have talked. Maybe after a year or two he'll talk and get a reduced sentence.

On a side note, anyone see Lutz's statement at the sentencing. I saw a video on kansas.com but here's another site with it - https://breakingone.com/news/league-...c901952b8.html Looks like Bob rolled out of bed and headed to court and read a rambling statement and his son Jeff filmed him.

Leave a comment:

• JJClamdip
    replied

Well he did turn himself in, cried at the sentencing and she was on drugs, from a sketchy motel in a bad area of town.

So I guess that means something.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
    Another “stunt rider” this one going to jail.

Poor kid, he put on weight, f**k him, the article doesn’t mention that he was arrested again while out on bail for the same stunt riding behavior. You just can’t fix stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Ta Town Shocker
    replied
    Disgusting behavior. He absolutely knew he hit a person and then fled the scene anyway.

Leave a comment:

• JJClamdip
    replied
    Another “stunt rider” this one going to jail.

Poor kid, he put on weight, f**k him, the article doesn’t mention that he was arrested again while out on bail for the same stunt riding behavior. You just can’t fix stupid.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Maize is set to grow a bit more.

WBJ - Wichita developer to break ground on 40-acre Maize development

A Wichita developer is set to break ground on a housing development in Maize.

Schellenberg Development Co. will begin building Oakmont, a 40-acre residential development on the east side of 119th Street West between 37th and 45th North, directly south of Eagles Nest. The development will have 99 single-family housing lots, said residential development manager Dylan Schellenberg.

Marv Schellenberg, founder and president of Schellenberg Development, said the project is focused on entry-level housing with prices starting at $225,000.
    It's pretty sad that entry-level housing these days starts at nearly a quarter million dollars. I own a home I was able to purchase a number of years ago. I'd like to upgrade, but housing prices are so our of whack right now that I can't afford to buy anything that doesn't need a lot of work done. I joke that I need to get married so I would have access to a second income in able to afford a home.

With that said, the area needs homes and there will be people that can afford them. I doubt many will be entering the home owners market for the first time.

I need to reach out to my contacts about the housing development being planned in my hometown. Those are supposed to be affordable but not cheap and I can't remember if I heard an expected starting price for them or not. I do know about a year ago or so I read something from a developer that due to the cost of materials and labor, it's nearly impossible to construct a new home for under $200K unless you're doing the bare minimum. Even then, I believe the developer said you'd still be looking at $180K or so.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    This could be less than good.

WBJ - Report: Cargill to condense its divisions, including Wichita-based protein

Cargill leadership has told employees it will streamline changes in its structure — including the protein division based in Wichita, according to Reuters.

Specific effects of a consolidation from five divisions to three were not immediately clear in Wichita, where Cargill Protein North America has had a presence for more than 40 years, including a 6-year-old, $70 million headquarters in Old Town.

"Our recent performance and the market trends unfolding in front of us have proven a clear and pressing case for change," CEO Brian Sikes wrote in a Wednesday memo to staff, obtained by Reuters.

A Cargill spokesperson told Reuters the company has a plan to "evolve and strengthen its portfolio," though there were no specifics. Wichita Business Journal attempts for local comment have been unsuccessful.

The company plans to combine the Food and Bio divisions with the Protein and Salt teams, to be labeled Food. An Ag and Trading division will include Cargill Risk Management and Metals, and a third division will be called Specialized Portfolio.

The memo said Jon Nash, a former Protein president in Wichita, will lead the Food division.
    Cargill has over 1100 employees in Wichita. No word on how this will all play out and if Cargill will be leaving Wichita or, I suppose, potentially adding to it. Could they expand their current building?

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Kansas Oil and Gas is not in a good place right now.

WBJ - Kansas independent oil, gas producers weigh uncertain future

Attendees at next week's Kansas Independent Oil & Gas Association convention in Wichita will have plenty to talk about during a time when the industry has stabilized post-Covid, but production is low and indicators of greater long-term prosperity are unclear.

Data from the Independent Oil & Gas Service show 29 rigs running in Kansas during July, half the number at the same point in 2022.

"Costs are very high and a lot of companies are uncertain about the future of oil and gas prices," said Dana Wreath, executive vice president at Wichita's Berexco oil and gas company and chair of the KIOGA board of directors. "So they're just not really sure where we're headed, and there's a lot of uncertainty from both the economic and regulatory point of view."

Kansas production is on track for roughly 26 million barrels in 2024, which would be at least a 74-year low, according to the Kansas Geological Survey.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    WBJ - Lange Real Estate announces groundbreaking for Park City downtown project

Park City's downtown development has a groundbreaking date.

Lange Real Estate announced Thursday that Park Centre, a 48-acre development described as the suburb's downtown area near the southeast corner of 61st Street North and Hydraulic Avenue, will break ground at 9 a.m. Friday.

“Park Centre is a significant step in the continued growth of Park City,” Lange Real Estate president Rachel Lange-Mills said in a news release. “This groundbreaking ceremony marks the start of a project that will enhance the community, offering residents and visitors a vibrant downtown area where they can live, shop, and gather together."

In partnership with Park City, the project will construct a 416-unit apartment complex, an 89-unit townhome complex and an 89,000 square-foot space for a senior living center. In addition, the project will have 96,000 square feet of commercial space.
    I'm really excited for Park City and the projects they have planned.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    WBJ - Boeing CEO Kelly Ortberg will visit Wichita, Spirit AeroSystems on Monday

On Monday, Boeing CEO Kelly Ortberg will tour Spirit AeroSystems, the aerospace giant's biggest supplier, the office of Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) confirmed to the Wichita Business Journal. Thursday marked Ortberg's first day on the job, as he replaced Dave Calhoun.

Ortberg will be joined in Wichita by Steven Mollenkopf, Boeing's chairman of the board, Moran's office said.

A Boeing spokesperson also confirmed to the WBJ that Ortberg planned to visit Spirit in Wichita, as well as employees at other Boeing factories next week.

On Day 1 as CEO, Ortberg is meeting with employees on the production line at Boeing's 737 Max factory in Renton, Wash.

Monday's high-profile Wichita visit, before the former Rockwell Collins CEO has even been on the job a week, could be seen as pointing to how high Ortberg is prioritizing the Boeing-Spirit relationship in the immediate term — even as Boeing's $8.3 billion agreement to buy the Wichita manufacturer isn't expected to close until mid-2025.
    The visit will also involve a trip to WSU Tech and the National Center for Aviation Training. Mayor Wu and other state officials will be involved in welcoming the Boeing leadership.

Still a lot of questions surrounding their defense and space contracts

Leave a comment:

Working...
X