Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel for you guys. The big difference between here and there is we spend 290 days a year preparing for the 75 days we spend below -25, but we still have issues.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’ve deemed NOAA medium and long range outlooks to be quite horrible.
      I agree. They feel like they are biased to give "Above" normal temps projections. In general it should be more of normal and less of above/below. It will be interesting to see how these predictions pan out though mid-January.

Comment

• As if there is actually a “normal”.

Just another way to trick or sell you on a myth that things are abnormal.

Comment

• We are getting the biggest f-ing shaft in terms of weather right now. Goodland KS is sitting under a warm sun and 70 degrees, and in Wichita we finally broke the 40 degree barrier.

Comment

• ‘New’ weather term, ‘atmospheric river’. Must have heard it 20 times in the last 10 minutes on the networks. ‘Pineapple Express’ must have been deemed cultural appropriation.

Comment

• Recently saw an update from Butler County EMS that our winter weather advisory got bumped up by a few hours and they've shifted the weather pattern to where we're expected to get between 2 and 4 inches of snow over the next 24 hours or so. Personally, I'd still like more than that, but I'll take what we can get and hope it's closer to 4. Though with our general luck, we probably won't even get 2.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
              X