Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Hopefully no one injured to bad.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I hope everyone is ok. What a crazy sequence of events. I’m stunned.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
            Man... Andover looks like it got pummeled again. Just missed my parents house but looks like it took out the YMCA and Farha based on the path.

Really hope it missed the new Andover Central complexes
            Definitely did some major damate to the Andove YMCA.

Comment

• My daughter and 14 year old grandson were sitting in the drive-thru at Freddie's on East 13th in front of the Warren Theatres at around 8:00. She said they saw the Tornado drop down just on the SE side of the Warren. I use to live pretty close to that location. Everyone that was in the drive-thru got out of their cars and went into the bathrooms inside the Freddies. I could tell the had some adrenalin pumping when we talked to them shortly after that.

Comment

• East of the turnpike checks out again.

But in all seriousness this night went from 0 to 100 in a matter of minutes, just as that jet streak hit the dry line providing the needed energy. It looks like injuries are minimal if any at all. Incredible footage all over the place.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• There was also some pretty strong rotation that went right over that Freddy's and luckily it didn't materialize.

Comment

• Reports from Andover are depressing except for the unreal lack of human life injuries.

God bless all the first responders who appear to be doing an incredible job in a very difficult situation.

Also, during the press conference just a few minutes ago it sounded like perhaps Flint Hills may have been hit?

Comment

• There was a storm chaser on KAKE (not Reed Trimmer) who captured some amazing and very close footage.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Reports from Andover are depressing except for the unreal lack of human life injuries.

God bless all the first responders who appear to be doing an incredible job in a very difficult situation.

Also, during the press conference just a few minutes ago it sounded like perhaps Flint Hills may have been hit?
                        It looks like it was north of there. But we won't know until the daylight footage starts coming in. It could have been much, much worse.

Comment

• FWIW, albeit not a ton when houses are destroyed, thoughts and prayers go out to you guys.

If any Shockernetter has been effected by this in a serious way, post it up. We have raised money for firing DB, surely we can raise some to help them.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• This post will be lengthier than I'd like, but here's how my night went as well as a few friends.

I was chilling on the couch watching the draft ready to waste the night away while in a group chat about said draft with my brother, who also lives in Benton, as well as friends in Maize, Derby and Andover. Nobody was thinking much of anything until the push notifications came thru the phone about tornado warning and seek shelter now. I joked in the chat that if the sirens go off I'm grabbing my girls and heading to my brother's house about half mile away. About 15 seconds later, sirens go off.

I had to grab my shoes, put one of my dogs collars back on. I couldn't find the leashes, which is only really important for the puppy. My brother messaged a few times before I got out of the house asking where I was because I had to make sure my girls were taken care of too. I throw them in the car and race over to big brothers house. When I'm pulling in, I saw a couple of his neighbors outside pointing to the south. We learn later that they must have seen the tornado.

Of course, as soon as Benton gets mentioned on the news I start getting texts, some of which I didn't notice right away, which ended up freaking two people out. I recently started a new job and one of the owners wanted to check in on me, but didn't have my number so he called his sister, who is a former boss of mine. I didn't respond to his text for 7 minutes and I'm guessing they were in communication because she starts blowing up my phone too. She actually called me a mother****er for scaring her. She loves me.

Anyway, once we settle in and I'm catching up on the group chat, I notice that my Andover friend hadn't chimed in in quite a while and mention that. His family lives in a housing addition just south of the apartment complex that is just east of the Dillon's and maybe about two blocks west of the YMCA. We eventually hear from them that thankfully they're all okay, but their neighborhood was hit pretty hard. Their house is still standing but has some damage, mostly windows. But I've seen video from KAKE this morning of the houses flattened literally no more than a block away from them. He mentioned helping get people out of homes last night. Thankfully them and the kids are safe and now staying with one of their parents. These are probably my two best friends and they're huge Shocker fans. He used to post here years ago.

I've also seen video from another friend who lives somewhere between Kellogg and Central who said her house is still standing, but much of her neighborhood was leveled. Thankfully her and her kids are okay as well. One of my niece's new roommates works at the YMCA in Andover. They apparently took refuge in the sauna. As bad as the damage is, and their were a number of cars that looking they were thrown into the entrance area, nobody was hurt. I have another friend whose daughter works in the KidZone there but luckily it wasn't open at the time.

Andover thankfully didn't get hit like it did 31 years ago and this one only hit the eastern edge of the south side, but what was hit was hit pretty good.

Here in Benton we were pretty lucky. I've seen a lit of video posted by friends who were obviously looking south. There's actually a really good shot that was taken at the Stearman Field Airport on the south of town of the tornado. Here we just got a lot of wind and hail. Saw a lot of small limbs and such down as I returned home last night.

My brother and his family are in Hutch today for his daughters softball tournament at Happy Valley or whatever that complex is called. I know it's not Valley but I can never remember. Life goes on. Thankfully, it sounds Ike no lives were lost, despite the persistent rumors being spread online, and from what I've seen reported so far, no serious injuries. This happened pretty quick and I'm not sure how much warning Andover really had. As I said for myself, it was literally no more than 30 seconds from push notification to siren blare here in Benton and couldn't have been more than a few minutes before that tornado dropped in Andover. Had that been Benton I don't want to think where I would have been on that time frame or what may have happened. My old house doesn't have a basement or anything. That thought scares me a little and I'm thankful it wasn't us.

I know we have posters from in and around Andover or have family and/or friends there. I hope everyone is okay and that structural damage is all they have to worry about. That still sucks but it beats the alternatives.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Monday looks to be another possible day for severe weather

Svr Mon D3.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                Monday looks to be another possible day for severe weather

Svr Mon D3.jpg
                                Thankfully it looks rather flaccid.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X