No announcement yet.

2021 College/HS Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter saying the Gator Bowl will be Rutgers vs Wake Forest now. So they found a team
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• OU looked pretty good last night with Bob Stoops as head coach. I wonder if he ever misses it or if the game satisfied any craving he had to walk the sidelines again.

The American is the only conference to be undefeated in bowl games and it's up to Cincinnati to keep the streak alive on Friday. Here's a breakdown of wins by conference - https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...otball-playoff - the American had 3 bowl games cancelled due to Covid issues with the other teams.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Lotta jawin' going on early in the LSU KSU game. Most (certainly not all) coming from the Tigers.

Hope it doesn't get out of hand, because it appears KSU just might run them out of Houston.

LSU actually very chippy.

OU losing players in the portal. Caleb Williams and Mario Williams (not related but both near the top of the 21 class) both in the portal. Both expected to be gone although Caleb said he would consider OU. More to come I'm sure. OU did get the UCF QB so they should be covered (but he doesn't replace Williams by anyone's standards).

Comment

• Cats putting the wood to LSU 28-7.

On the extra point, the KSU kicker gets shoulder bumped by a 350+ LSU D lineman, and reacts by getting his hand up under the facemask of said D lineman. He's probably fortunate all that happened was he was pushed to the ground. But the Kicker gets the 15 yard penalty. Shouldn't have been one at all imho, and if there was one, the LSU started it, BUT the officials have let the yapping go on all game with very little done to stop it. Hopefully this will cut the nonsense and there will be nothing else, but I'm concerned there may be more to come.

There have been at least 2 more UC penalties since my last edit. Game is really chippy right now.

An LSU player came off the bench to get involved in a play and wasn't flagged.

Interception by KSU and more laundry. Someone is going to get hurt eventually.
          Last edited by WuDrWu; January 4, 2022, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Cats putting the wood to LSU 28-7.

On the extra point, the KSU kicker gets shoulder bumped by a 350+ LSU D lineman, and reacts by getting his hand up under the facemask of said D lineman. He's probably fortunate all that happened was he was pushed to the ground. But the Kicker gets the 15 yard penalty. Shouldn't have been one at all imho, and if there was one, the LSU started it, BUT the officials have let the yapping go on all game with very little done to stop it. Hopefully this will cut the nonsense and there will be nothing else, but I'm concerned there may be more to come.
            Of note: LSU dressed just 37 total scholarship players for this game. There are some key pieces on the field, but if KSU doesn’t run LSU out of Houston that is a knock on KSU.

Comment

• No doubt they were shorthanded and KSU handled them fairly easily.

What was the deal? You can have 85 total right? 48 didn't dress? Do you know how many opted out for NFL, portal or injured? Just curious.

Comment

No doubt they were shorthanded and KSU handled them fairly easily.

What was the deal? You can have 85 total right? 48 didn't dress? Do you know how many opted out for NFL, portal or injured? Just curious.
                I believe LSU was without a scholarship QB. One transferred and I think another is redshirting, don't know about others.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

I believe LSU was without a scholarship QB. One transferred and I think another is redshirting, don't know about others.
                  Max Johnson transferred to Texas A&M, Myles Brennan was hurt, and Garrett Nussmeier was redshirting and had played in the max number of games he could due to some in game issues where Johnson had to come out. Would have burned his redshirt to play although I hear he really wanted to.

Comment

No doubt they were shorthanded and KSU handled them fairly easily.

7 opted out for draft. 17 in portal. Others are mix of reasons. They also didn’t have a full coaching staff.

DB’s who played were 3rd on depth chart, and Starting QB was a WR.

Comment

• But unlike many teams, they still showed up to play. Could have copped out like a ***** similar to UCLA, Miami, and Texas A&M.

Comment

• Watching that game last night and was surprised to see that Adrian Martinez had transferred to KSU. Don't really care for the kittens but Kleimann is building something nice there.

Comment

• Georgia scores 3 touchdowns in the final 7 minutes including a 79 interception return with 1 minute remaining to seal the deal.

Georgia 33 - Alabama 18

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Georgia scores 3 touchdowns in the final 7 minutes including a 79 interception return with 1 minute remaining to seal the deal.

Georgia 33 - Alabama 18
                            I don't think one could argue that the 2 best teams weren't going at it tonight. Very physical brand of football played, but I didn't much care for the antics of the Bama receiver that clocked a Georgia player as they scored the last TD. Kind of blind sided the guy, but even if it's a completely clean hit, the stand over look of "I knocked your ass out" was uncalled for, especially since the 'Dawgs just called game.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X