No announcement yet.

2021 College/HS Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom line is Lincoln did not like the move to the SEC and he felt that the administration sort of blindsided the football program with it. That coupled with the brinks trunk of cash and the already fertile recruiting ties he has to CA and he gone. Plus he is a young up and comer with sites on the NFL and he felt that the exposure in LA with USC was better.

Comment

• I have absolutely no problem with Lincoln leaving for USC. I think he could have handled it a little better, but you won't hear me griping about it.

I believe the program needed a quick restart, and I think they are about to get it. And I don't think teams will want a piece of a Bob Stoops coached team in the bowl game. Just an opinion.

Comment

• Breaking from Oklahoma: Rumors swirling that Ted Lasso is the latest candidate name being tossed out for the head coaching job at OU.

Comment

• Breaking in Baton Rouge: Brian Kelly leaving Notre Dame for Death Valley.

Comment

• Aaaaand suddenly Lincoln Riley to USC is page 6 news.

Wowzers

Comment

• Fickell would have a hard time saying no to Notre Dame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                Fickell would have a hard time saying no to Notre Dame.
                Who wouldn’t? First time ever a ND coach left by choice for another college job?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Who wouldn’t? First time ever a ND coach left by choice for another college job?
                  They guy who just passed Rockne on the all-time ND wins list.

Comment

• Navy 17 - Army 13

Comment

• Rattler to transfer to South Carolina. Should be fun with him and TP in at the same school albeit different sports. Unlikely they will be roommates.

Comment

• There's actually a "Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl presented by Stifel".

You've GOT to be shitting me.......what has happened to this world?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          There's actually a "Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl presented by Stifel".

You've GOT to be shitting me.......what has happened to this world?

Comment

• Incoming UAB defeated XII bound and #13 BYU in the Independence Bowl
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Moved to NFL Thread.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 19, 2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Texas A&M is out of their bowl game, the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl on Dec 31.

Combination of Covid, injuries, opt out and transfers.

Last season was notable for opt outs especially (see Florida) and I suspect this won't be the last time we see this.....perhaps not the last time we see it this year.

The Gator Bowl is trying to find another team to invite (gotta think that's going to be extremely difficult given the timing, school being out, holiday and short prep time).

Comment

Working...
                                X