70’s and 80’s Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Yep, we’re still living in the 70’s and 80’s. Good Lord, have they been introduced to iPad technology? At least save a tree or two…

Tuttle? I had breakfast with him this morning.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Have you ever had a good one? It should be nothing but hamburger and thin cooked down cabbage, maybe a slice of cheddar, inside a light and thin roll. It’s basically a burger in a roll.
        That's exactly right! You don't put '****' on a proper bierock. I've consumed many in my youth, never with anything added on top. I'm kind of missing beef for a moment thinking about it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

You and I are probably related, or know some common people/families at a bare minimum. Congrats! Doesn’t that make you ecstatic?

You wouldn’t know it on my end by my own name - it’s my Mom and her side.
          Big-time German here. Relatives from the Hillsboro area (some Mennonite action also). My grandma still had an accent. You will definitely know it by my name.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Big-time German here. Relatives from the Hillsboro area (some Mennonite action also). My grandma still had an accent. You will definitely know it by my name.
            Goebbels?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Amos, Levi, Jacob, Isaiah, Eli, Noah, Moses

Funk, Epp, Penner, Klassen, Wiebe, Doerksen, Thiessen, Wohlegemuth, Esau…

Are you sure you’re not Cajun?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Yep, we’re still living in the 70’s and 80’s. Good Lord, have they been introduced to iPad technology? At least save a tree or two…

Having been on the city council of a small town, I can relate to the pre-meeting agenda packets. The thing is, during the meeting it is so much quicker and easier to reference printed materials, especially if you have to be looking at multiple documents at the same time.

Comment

Amos, Levi, Jacob, Isaiah, Eli, Noah, Moses

Funk, Epp, Penner, Klassen, Wiebe, Doerksen, Thiessen, Wohlegemuth, Esau…

Are you sure you’re not Cajun?

Of those last names, the church I used to attend had at least six of them. Also, Goertzen, Friesen, Franz, Hiebert, Schroeder, Schmidt, Wichert.

Comment

• Brubacher?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      Brubacher?
                      lol, I've never actually spoken to or known anyone with that spelling. But I know there used to be at least one family in the Hillsboro area that still spelled it that way. I think he was a basketball coach at the high school, or Tabor.

Comment

Working...
                      X