No announcement yet.

Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koepka and Berger thankfully avoid disaster from even becoming a possibility.

JT hit an incredible shot at 17 (and thankfully didn't seem to get injured after running down the embankment) but it ultimately didn't matter. Or was that Spieth? They look alike haha

Hard to argue with being up 3-1 at this point. Rahm and Sergio made some unreal putts. Just need to get some good afternoon pairings and coming away from today up 1 or 2 would be alright with me. Being up 3 would be better.
    Last edited by Kel Varnsen; September 24, 2021, 11:50 AM.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Afternoon pairings: First group goes at 12:10pm our time.

Spieth, Morikawa, Koepka and Berger will sit this afternoon for the USA and Fitzpatrick, Westwood, Garcia & Poulter will sit for Europe. Couple of headscratchers there for me.

Johnson & Schauffele vs Casey & Wiesberger

DeChambeau & Scheffler vs Rahm & Hatton

Finau & English vs McIlroy & Lowry

Thomas & Cantlay vs Fleetwood & Hovland

No repeat of teams is interesting. No idea why you'd split up Schauffele and Cantlay who'd likely put up a four-ball score around 57 today.

Comment

• If I were captain, I would have played Schauffele and Cantlay again as the anchor, and DJ and Colin together again, sitting JT instead of Morikawa.

I'd probably let Sergio and Rahm go out again (Sergio could stay in the cart on about 12 holes and the team be just fine), sit Rory who wasn't very good this morning and let Hatton and Lowry go out together. If Rahm and Hatton don't win (they should) the Euros could be in a big hole. But, who knows, it's the Ryder Cup and the Euros have dominated this session this century.

Comment

• This is likely the only time I will route for Doucheambeau.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            This is likely the only time I will route for Doucheambeau.
            Why can’t he paired with Koepka? That would be exciting!

Comment

• With Bernd in about 3 feet, Xander walks one in from about 25 to halve the 1st. Xander is locked in right now.

The wind is freshening, and the afternoon match is likely to be a much more difficult task for the entire field.
              Last edited by WuDrWu; September 24, 2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Why can’t he paired with Koepka? That would be exciting!
                Like him or not, whether you think he's faking or not, Bryson has done everything possible this week to endear himself to fans, and he's put his foot down on that effort on the first hole.

Juicing the fans coming out, and before he hit, swinging for the green off 1, hitting a spectator then giving her a signed ball for her troubles, then hitting a dynamite recovery shot to try and halve the first hole with Hatton about 2 feet for birdie. High fiving fans the entire way.

Scheffler just missed from 40+ feet to make it moot. Rahm from about 18 feet burns the edge surprisingly. Bryson makes from 9 feet for birdie and walks it in. Great stuff.

Comment

• Thanks for the ongoing commentary and reporting WuDrWu

That was in impressive up and down for DeChambeau on #1.

Comment

• Bryson misreads and then misputts from about 100 feet and leaves himself about 25 feet for par for a half on the 3rd. AND WALKS IT IN.

The anti-christ has a hot putter today.

I don't know what the combined score is, but these guys have made a ton of birdies today. A TON.

Comment

• Alright, I'll say this, I am rooting for Bryson much more than I'm rooting for Brooks. Brooks has proven himself to be a calculated douche for his own personal gain, while Bryson is a douche but seems to still desire affinity from fans regardless.

But man, this is fun. I love the Ryder Cup. And I love the USA.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Bryson just torched one 417 dead center fairway to the par 5. Driver, pitch. And I mean half swing bump and run pitch. Par 5. Pitched to about 3 feet, damn near made double eagle.

Shane Lowry has a hot putter today as well, just ran in a 40 footer for a half.

Hatton's 45 footer makes Bryson putt his eagle, which he buries.

Comment

• The 6th is a drivable par 4. Love the way this course is set up today.

Driver is too much for Dechambeau and he kind of hits a fatty left. In between clubs on the par 4 for him. Fun hole to watch.

Comment

• Bryson rolls in a downhill twisting 19 footer to go up 1 in their match.

DJ & Xander now up only 1 over Casey and Weiberger at the turn.

DeChambeau and Scheffler up 1 after 6 over Rahm and Hatton.

English and Finau tied with McIlroy and Lowry after 7.

JT and Cantlay now down 2 to Fleetwood and Hovland. JT is not playing well...why Stricker broke that group up I don't understand.

Comment

• Thank God the Euros have Rahm or it would be 8-0. Hatton nutted up on the 18th as well.

The Euros have some good players, but not enough. To the point on breaking up teams, no idea why Sergio and Rahm didn't go out in 4ball. Sergio still hits his irons great.

The TV coverage blows!! Commercials every 5 seconds, and when it's not a full commercial it's the stupid 'playing through'. Yeah great, your letting me watch while playing the extra commercials. And yesterday afternoon, they hardly showed the only 2 competitive matches at all. Choosing to show the beat downs being administered by Xander/Johnson and Finau/English. While the other 2 were tight the whole time.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Euros seem to be handling the windy conditions this afternoon better than the Americans. John Rahm living up to his #1 ranking.

Comment

Working...
                                X