Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

He likes ‘big bass’ and he cannot lie…

Isn’t that the lake made famous by the late Harold Ensley?
    I’ll never forget the Sportsman’s Friend. Gone Fishin’, Not Just Wishin’…
    It is a fishing lake! I don’t fish.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Curious as to why you chose Glen Elder? Not picking on you because I haven’t been there but thought there may be a specific reason.
      Great question! I had never heard of Glen Elder before two weeks ago. So…two weeks ago tomorrow we picked up our rig and loaded it up with our gear. Then we decided we wanted to take it out soon! Being in McPherson, we checked multiple places within 50 miles of our location, and none of them had vacancies that had both water and electric hookups available. Expanding our search to 150 miles, we found that Glen Elder had one.

Decision made!
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Glen Elder is one of the few reservoirs I haven’t been to in Kansas. My personal favorites are Elk City, Big Hill and Fall River.

Comment

My personal favorites are Elk City, Big Hill and Fall River.

You must be wired a bit like me. When I get the itch for some time in or around an Ozark lake, the above sorta scratches it with half (or less) the drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

It was a test run. Need to get a couple more things…our 25 foot water hose was barely long enough, and wouldn’t have been if we’d have been in spot 215 or 213 instead of 214.

I’ve heard good things about Sand Hills. It’s 20 minutes from our place and I imagine we will frequent it.
            Sand Hills used to only be a place to walk/hike or go horseback riding (BYOH). A few years ago they finally added a campground.

Comment

Glen Elder is one of the few reservoirs I haven’t been to in Kansas. My personal favorites are Elk City, Big Hill and Fall River.
              Some great hiking at Elk City! You'd swear you aren't in Kansas anymore.

Comment

• wufan how did the sales tax work on the RV? Is there a fixed rate for the state?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  wufan how did the sales tax work on the RV? Is there a fixed rate for the state?
                  Just like a car. You pay the tax in the county purchased, then if you owe more in the county it’s tagged in, you pay the difference.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Just like a car. You pay the tax in the county purchased, then if you owe more in the county it’s tagged in, you pay the difference.
                    It's a lot of fun when you buy it out of state and have to pay the full kitty when you go and get the tags. I might know from recent experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

It's a lot of fun when you buy it out of state and have to pay the full kitty when you go and get the tags. I might know from recent experience.
                      What is the current Sedgwick County rate on an RV? The 7.5% retail rate?

Comment

Yeah, it's just standard sales tax.

Comment

What ya gonna get Kung Wu?
                          Livin the dream

Comment

What ya gonna get Kung Wu?
                            Keystone Passport GT

Comment

Keystone Passport GT
                              We heavily considered the 28 foot bunk house.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Out at Council Grove lake this weekend. Private location, about 20 foot unimpeded to the lake.

We bought a second water hose prior to coming out. The 25 footer was barely long enough last time. 50 foot seems like the correct amount.

By disconnecting the batteries last time when we put the RV in storage, we were able to fire up the fridge and run it off propane to cool it down. Next time we will do it the night before. Should work out well.

struggled with leveling the RV after parking. The location is paved, but slants towards the water putting us badly off level from right to left. I cranked the left side so much that the left wheels came off the ground (yikes!) and still not level. I readjusted to live with it for the weekend, but before I figured it out I broke the socket that attaches to my drill, so had to hand crank the jacks.

When we purchased the RV, the sales guy told us we should get a $200 leveling kit. Seemed like overkill to me. I see now that the levels that go under the tires might be of some value.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X