Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Sounds like it’s low on refrigerant.
    Easy way to check. Run it and see if it turns to a ball of frost.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I’m just going to say that a weekend in a “trailer park” is much more fun than it sounds! We really did have a great time and are ready to get out again!
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        I’m just going to say that a weekend in a “trailer park” is much more fun than it sounds! We really did have a great time and are ready to get out again!
        Great!! Where did you go?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I’m just going to say that a weekend in a “trailer park” is much more fun than it sounds! We really did have a great time and are ready to get out again!
          It sounds like you had a good "shakedown" trip!

When our day eventually arrives, we will probably stay closer, at Sand Hills State Park. It's a 5 minute drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Great!! Where did you go?
            Glenn Elder State Park. We ended up next to a group of 8 families that come every Father’s Day weekend from all over the country and fish. Apparently 4 of them started in the 90s. The other 4 families hooked up over time. They invited us over and we drank beer and told stories. They gave me a couple of pointers

Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

It sounds like you had a good "shakedown" trip!

When our day eventually arrives, we will probably stay closer, at Sand Hills State Park. It's a 5 minute drive.
              It was a test run. Need to get a couple more things…our 25 foot water hose was barely long enough, and wouldn’t have been if we’d have been in spot 215 or 213 instead of 214.

I’ve heard good things about Sand Hills. It’s 20 minutes from our place and I imagine we will frequent it.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• When I read RV lifestyle, my mind goes to imagining retirees who sell their properties, buy an RV, or younger adults who purchase an RV and take their kiddo's out of school, and hit the road exploring America. It's obvious from postings that most people on here are not talking about a total change of their lifestyle, and mostly a week end RV lifestyle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  When I read RV lifestyle, my mind goes to imagining retirees who sell their properties, buy an RV, or younger adults who purchase an RV and take their kiddo's out of school, and hit the road exploring America. It's obvious from postings that most people on here are not talking about a total change of their lifestyle, and mostly a week end RV lifestyle.
                  So what do you do for fun?

Comment

When I read RV lifestyle, my mind goes to imagining retirees who sell their properties, buy an RV, or younger adults who purchase an RV and take their kiddo's out of school, and hit the road exploring America. It's obvious from postings that most people on here are not talking about a total change of their lifestyle, and mostly a week end RV lifestyle.
                    There’s a whole other set of concerns when it’s full time. Where do you do laundry? Where does your mail go? Where do you live when your RV is being serviced?

While there is a growing sect of people that live full time out of an RV, it’s still a very small percentage of RV owners.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

There’s a whole other set of concerns when it’s full time. Where do you do laundry? Where does your mail go? Where do you live when your RV is being serviced?

While there is a growing sect of people that live full time out of an RV, it’s still a very small percentage of RV owners.
                      Lot's to think about for sure. Doctor's, Dentists, etc. It's a lot easier to do it on the weekends. It's a great family activity, and takes a commitment. Our family never had time because of time spent on baseball, softball, football, basketball, and other activities.

Comment

A good chunk of 5th wheels have laundry hookups nowadays. Mail? People still get mail?

Comment

Lot's to think about for sure. Doctor's, Dentists, etc. It's a lot easier to do it on the weekends. It's a great family activity, and takes a commitment. Our family never had time because of time spent on baseball, softball, football, basketball, and other activities.
                          I don’t have time to golf because it takes me away from my family for 5-6 hours a round. This, I can do with my family. Fishing and hunting are things a father can do with his son. Camping and boating are things a man can do with his family.

We (my son) play about 60 soccer games a year. Always between 2 and 4 a day, and always in a different city. We are also planning on using the camper for those activities.

People spend crazy money on travel/house decor/fashion/etc. this is our current stupid expense.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

A good chunk of 5th wheels have laundry hookups nowadays. Mail? People still get mail?
                            You have to have a mailing address to register your camper at a minimum.

The biggest concern for me right now for full timing it is that I don’t think I could consistently spend that amount of time with my family in such a small home. Gotta get the kids out.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

You have to have a mailing address to register your camper at a minimum.

The biggest concern for me right now for full timing it is that I don’t think I could consistently spend that amount of time with my family in such a small home. Gotta get the kids out.
                              Curious as to why you chose Glen Elder? Not picking on you because I haven’t been there but thought there may be a specific reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Curious as to why you chose Glen Elder? Not picking on you because I haven’t been there but thought there may be a specific reason.
                                He likes ‘big bass’ and he cannot lie…

Isn’t that the lake made famous by the late Harold Ensley?
                                I’ll never forget the Sportsman’s Friend. Gone Fishin’, Not Just Wishin’…
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X