RV Life Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
    Often when we would visit family in Oklahoma just off Lake Tenkiller, we opted to stay in their RV rather than using the guest room in the house. It had all the amenities and the A/C kept it very cool in the summer.
    My family camped every summer at Tenkiller when I was a kid. Loved going to the Fin and Feather for the buffet. My dad was King Luau 2 years in a row! Absolutely a gorgeous lake!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

We are out at Glenn Elder State Park (near Beloit) as we speak! Left work at 3:45. Not early enough for a first outing. It took about an hour to load the food and clothes and hitch the trailer (1 mile away).

Two hours to make the 100 mile drive from McPherson. The camper pulled much better this time (less bouncy), possibly due to the roads. I felt comfortable at up to 69 mph and we got 11 mpg this time around. Double digits is a big deal to me.

About an hour to back it in (two try’s), deploy the stabilizers, level it, and hook up electric and water.

We deployed the Coleman camp grill and made dogs and brats. Oh yeah, four beers in too! Ate, took the dogs for a walk and did the dishes.

The English Bulldog is not a fan of the heat! The camper has cooled down to 75, and we are hopeful the fridge will be cool by morning. The beer and staying cool in the cooler.

So far so good! The wife and I haven’t yelled at each other or the kids yet!
      Is that typical for the fridge to take so long to cool down? Are there any ways to speed that process up? One of those little things I've never even thought of when it comes to rv's.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Is that typical for the fridge to take so long to cool down? Are there any ways to speed that process up? One of those little things I've never even thought of when it comes to rv's.
        I believe so, but my experience is clearly limited as noted in this thread. When we purchased the RV, the guy that gave us the post purchase walk through said to turn on the fridge 12 hours before you plan to use it. We planned to do so Thursday night, but the batteries were drained which meant that the propane wouldn’t fire up (it’s an electric/propane fridge).

What we should have done is turned the batteries off when we parked it. Then when we came back we could have used the electricity to fire up the propane and got it running overnight.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Is a super cool AC situation normal in an RV? My pop bought an RV recently and when temps hit 100, his AC barely keeps it at 90 inside. Is his AC jacked, or is that normal?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Is a super cool AC situation normal in an RV? My pop bought an RV recently and when temps hit 100, his AC barely keeps it at 90 inside. Is his AC jacked, or is that normal?
            I’d say not normal. I was researching off grid a/c and found this. They don’t talk about making it colder.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Of course, you can also just get a plane ticket and come hang out with me. It’s 54.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Ours is obviously brand new, so it should be performing at its peak ability. We were able to quickly cool it down (small space) and keep it at 70 all day yesterday.

This morning my wife was cooking bacon and forgot to turn on the stove vent. The cabin instantly filled with smoke and set off the alarm. We opened everything up and turned off the AC. Everything cleared within a couple of minutes, and the interior temp show up to 84. We shut everything up and turned on the AC. 20 minutes later we were back at 70.

The bathroom, which has no AC vents, is consistently 10 degrees warmer.
                Livin the dream

Comment

He has a 31' RV. Its a 2017 Gulf Stream B Touring Cruiser. How does this compare with yours?

Comment

He has a 31' RV. Its a 2017 Gulf Stream B Touring Cruiser. How does this compare with yours?
                    Significantly different. Mine is a 21 foot bumper pull.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Kung Wu's ....

This bad boy has 4 deep fryers, one for each part of the chicken.
                      You're not far off.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Significantly different. Mine is a 21 foot bumper pull.
                        Well when you subtract the cab from it, I think it's not too far from a 22' box (guessing). Probably not as far away as you might think in sq. ft.?

Comment

• 13,500 BTU air conditioner.

Comment

13,500 BTU air conditioner.
                            It should be looked at if it isn’t cooling.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Sounds like it’s low on refrigerant.

Comment

Well when you subtract the cab from it, I think it's not too far from a 22' box (guessing). Probably not as far away as you might think in sq. ft.?
                                Some can make the cab part of the living space by having the cab seats swivel with passenger seat becoming a recliner.

Comment

Working...
                                X