No announcement yet.

Severe Weather 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And just like that, it passed. Lots of isolated damage, my area got very lucky. Big winds, rain, hail, then nothing. One of the strangest, coolest storms ever!
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• A crazy dust bowl outside here in Wichita. Like a bad horror movie, and by bad I mean not really scary, but trying to be, but never gonna be.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        A crazy dust bowl outside here in Wichita. Like a bad horror movie, and by bad I mean not really scary, but trying to be, but never gonna be.
        We got the rain, so got screwed out of the dust bowl.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Wow, great vintage footage found from the 1930’s…

“The Dirty Thirties”

Did someone colorize a Ken Burns video?

Comment

• We left Ulysses at 11:30. It was horrible. The first 109 miles were zero-1/4 mile visibility. They closed all roads in and out half an hour after we left. There was a fatality wreck 30 miles east of town. Ten minutes later there was a triple fatality accident just west of town. In Scott county, wildfires burned at least two farmsteads to the ground. We are safely in Wichita having dinner at The Kitchen.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Wow, great vintage footage found from the 1930’s…

“The Dirty Thirties”

This is what it looked like at 4:30 on I-135 south of McPherson. Multiple overturned semis.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• The wind event yesterday took a horrific toll on so much. This video is hard to watch.

Comment

• MY BAD! I bought a new Stihl leaf blower and hell if it doesn't have some umph.

(EDIT: By the way, posted this at the EXACT same time as the vid above, so I'm not making light of that video. I'm referring to the mostly annoying conditions we had around Wichita yesterday, not loss of life or property elsewhere in Kansas.)
                  Last edited by SHOCKvalue; December 16, 2021, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• That's incredibly sad. Sickening in fact. Ugh.

Comment

• Heartbreaking. One of the calves was still moving. Absolutely gut wrenching.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Traveling from Wichita to Salina for a funeral, then back home to Ulysses, we saw some damage, but we also saw Kansans rolling up their sleeves and helping each other.

Comment

• It's what we do
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• It kind of sums up 2021 when high winds are the story of the year. It has been quiet for a couple of years for SC Kansas - I'm afraid when it comes back it will be with a bang.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              It has been quiet for a couple of years for SC Kansas.
                              Very quiet. And the seasons seem to have shifted a bit as well with each season starting and ending a few weeks later in the year.

Comment

• Looks like 2021 is going to go out with a blast of cold air and winter weather. The Wichita area may have slick roads on Saturday, temps in the teens, and wind chills in single or negative numbers. Seems like a typical New Years Day though - I remember several times when there's been ice in the forecast for New Year's Eve and January 1. But if you're headed to Wichita for the game on Saturday (provided it's still a go with covid), drive safely and bundle up.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X