Severe Weather 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe Weather 2021

It seems like a decade since we have a severe weather outbreak and with snow today it doesn't feel likely. But the pattern may be about to shift by the end of the week. Of course I have seen the "pattern going to shift" several times this spring but never materializes. And I do see concerns that some strong cold fronts are going to swing through keep the gulf moisture pipe closed for Kansas.

But I'm tire of the covid chats, time to talk about something else.

Even beyond severe weather, it seems like it's been quite a few years since we've had a legit, strong thunderstorm. But I've also said there's a bubble over where I live that pushes stronger storms around us.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Even beyond severe weather, it seems like it's been quite a few years since we've had a legit, strong thunderstorm. But I've also said there's a bubble over where I live that pushes stronger storms around us.
      What side of the turnpike do you live?

Comment

SPC has picked up on the change and here is their Day 7 outlook. It will change in the coming day (move east, west, north and south), but severe weather prediction it takes a pretty strong signal for them to put this out there this far out.

D7.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

What side of the turnpike do you live?
          Just west
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Seems like the last decade or so we get these arctic air masses settle much further south and east than they used to. The jet stream is constantly in northwest flow in the early spring and when it does in fact warm and moist enough, a lot of these systems die out after making it to the Rockies. I don’t know if it’s a fundamental climate type change or just a momentary decade lapse.

But sure has bit into American tornado totals the last several years, particularly in the plains.

With all that said, Tuesday looks interesting, albeit a week out.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I thought I heard something awhile back about the dividing line between the typically arid western weather and the moister eastern weather was around Dodge City. They were claiming this line has shifted to around Wichita or even further east now. Wonder if that is impacting the severe weather and pushing more storms to the east/southeast?

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                I thought I heard something awhile back about the dividing line between the typically arid western weather and the moister eastern weather was around Dodge City. They were claiming this line has shifted to around Wichita or even further east now. Wonder if that is impacting the severe weather and pushing more storms to the east/southeast?
                Less humidity? FINE with me!

Comment

McPherson is protected by the heat put off by the refinery in the SW edge of the city, or so I’ve been told.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Updated now 6 days out.

D6.JPG

Comment

Day 5 - is the exact same as Day 6. Which is concerning, either they didn't update the graphic to the proper or they just didn't know what to do with the forecast so they decided to hang tight to see what additional models runs show leading up to Day 4.

D5.JPG

Comment

Or the models staying surprisingly consistent this far out.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

D4.JPG Day 4 outlook

Comment

Turning into a slowly progressive positively tilted junkfest
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Turning into a slowly progressive positively tilted junkfest
                              Yip. No doubt somebody might get severe weather, but no worthy of SPC to hype it 7 days out.

Comment

Working...
                              X