No announcement yet.

Severe Weather 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winds just starting up in Omaha. Tornado sirens went off for a few minutes, not sure why. West of here, I hear its horrible.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I remember something similar to this happened in the mid-80’s before Christmas… I lost a large tree and several large branches; that wind was out of the northwest… this puppies straight out of the south.
      I also remember this in the 00's. Wood fences down all over the place.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I should amend my post, its been windy all day in Omaha, now the sh1t is getting serious. Tornado watch turned to warnings near Omaha.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Information is like hard to get straight. The tornado warnings are north and west. Winds are currently sustained at 30, gusting to 50. Heavy, heavy rain expected within the next hour. Weird, its 71° and humid as hell. Just now, confirmed tornado touchdown well north of Omaha.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            Information is like hard to get straight. The tornado warnings are north and west. Winds are currently sustained at 30, gusting to 50. Heavy, heavy rain expected within the next hour. Weird, its 71° and humid as hell. Just now, confirmed tornado touchdown well north of Omaha.
            Norfolk NE is in the crosshairs right now. Get low, stay SAFE!

Comment

KState in the path of a tornado warning now as well. Junction City, Manhattan both problematic in the next 45 minutes or so.

Snow in western NE and tornadoes in eastern NE is bizarre!

Comment

Strangest weather, ever. Weird radar for December. Not sure of thew rationale for the sirens.
                Screenshot_20211215-154457_WeatherBug.jpgScreenshot_20211215-153543_Wireless emergency alerts.jpg

Comment

Per my wife, all patients at Nebraska medicine have been moved to the interior of the buildings.

The sirens are going off. Getting dark but the wind doesn't seem that bad, yet. I'm just glad I still have power. This crap always gets my power.

Comment

We got a dose yesterday here in SoCal. over an inch of rain, 50 mph winds knocking out power to 10,000 plus. Temps in the high 30's / low 40's overnight (which believe it or not is cold for us).

Comment

• It's here!

Comment

• Is there risk of tornado in Wichita right NOW?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

100% global warming, there wasn’t a “dust bowl” in the 1930’s… it never happened. Bob’s cheese is dangling from his cracker.
                          Wow, great vintage footage found from the 1930’s…

“The Dirty Thirties”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This is like a June thunderstorm. Only stronger. We have hail.

Comment

• The goddamned storm chasin, fly by night, insurance fraudin' roofing people will be out in full force next week!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Is there risk of tornado in Wichita right NOW?
                                No. Not zero, but pretty much zero. But damn that wind. There's going to be a lot of clean up for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X